my gainclone in build proccess need some help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
joka22

Like these........

http://www.madaboutsound.com/prod_det.asp?cid=87&sa=cf&ctid=7

He's a moderator here and a smashing dead straight bloke to do business with. I have LM3875s using a pair of these in a metal enclosure which gets faintly warm after 16 hours at moderate volume.

Vikash has a non commercial site as well which should be of interest to you. I'm using his ported FR125 design with my chipamp and like them very much. It's here.....

http://www.vikash.info/audio/

John

john blackburn said:
joka22
It would also put the heatsink between the chips and your transformer to give some screening, and keep the signal wires shorter. John

very good suggestion :) john

I have done this myself a number of times:
-> heatsink plates between the transformer and the circuitry
this also increases the physical distance between trafo / board

All trafos has got a pretty strong electromagnetic field around them
-> this disturbing field is bigger for old E-Type Core transformers
-> and a bit smaller for round toroid core transformers
:att'n: however TOROID round transformer cores HAVE this electromagnetic field, too

Attachment.
One of my examples with
my homemade aluminum plate heatsinks between E-Type trafos and circuits
(One 4-5 Watt RMS True Class A amplifier)

Attachments

• lineup_aluminum_heatsinks_shielding.jpg
    lineup_aluminum_heatsinks_shielding.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 312
joka22 said:
i jus clicked on the lm chip in vikash - i noticed for scrap parts he used a power supply heatsink and i got two of them time to erm i hope i can somehow connect them heatsinks to the other heatsinks with nuts and bolts.

Images are from www.vikash.info/audio

Page: http://www.vikash.info/audio/chipamp-lm3886/

This is a nice concept, that I would use.
Niot only for chip amps.
But for any power amplifier with the need of heatsinking.

Build your box using two heatsinks as 2 of them sides of the box.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I ahve used comp psu heatsinks to cover the area of the chip amps and attached the psu heatsinks to the other heatsinks.

here is a link of the heatsinks and chip amp connected toriod going to be delivered on the 18 thats why i havnt done much.

http://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newheatisnkcw7.jpg

I got a spare toriod taken from the prevoius amp it was a pa carnival type amp. The toriod is 43v dual secondary and i have bunch of 6 toshiba 2n3773 trans some salvaged resitors and caps and swicthes and volume pots but not gona use the vol pots in my gainclone.

anyone wants these let me know i trade the whole lot for four output speaker binding post and two rca input phono and silver wire for input or something that i may need for my gainclone, i still want volume pot but not these cheap type the peter daniel is expensive and am out of budget i bought kenwood amp 3750 dexoit isp alchol and other stuff.

looks alright, joka22
there will be no problem The Chips will get too hot for you
because you have so much heatsinking

these chip amps does not need very much heatsinks
for normal use
(only if you play very hard with speakers for several minutes)

what is the yellow cone speaker under the chassis?
is it one FOCAL or one SCAN-SPEAK woofer ... or

I got a spare toriod taken from the prevoius amp it was a pa carnival type amp. The toriod is 43v dual secondary and i have bunch of 6 toshiba 2n3773 trans some salvaged resitors and caps and swicthes and volume pots but not gona use the vol pots in my gainclone.

anyone wants these let me know i trade the whole lot for four output speaker binding post and two rca input phono and silver wire for input or something that i may need for my gainclone, i still want volume pot but not these cheap type the peter daniel is expensive and am out of budget i bought kenwood amp 3750 dexoit isp alchol and other stuff.

as i prevously posted any takers????????????????????????

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.