• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

My first tube Amplifier VT4C DIY record

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'd very much like to write some paragraphs about what Aref has built because I was one of the invitees on the demonstration session... you probably want to indirectly imply that inter-stage chokes were bought from abroad... but that's not right... )

:rolleyes::hug:
so ... seems project was completed copy of Johan Cools circuit :
115_1516.JPG

and he used LL1660 .understand about parts is normal" discussion topics here.;)information flow and happy diy :D
115_1511.JPG

for visit johan cool project...
211 single ended triode Tube amplifier using lundahl interstage double c core,kt88,300b,845 direct heated triode,mkp, ...

:rolleyes::hug:
so ... seems project was completed copy of Johan Cools circuit :

and he used LL1660 .understand about parts is normal" discussion topics here.;)information flow and happy diy :D

for visit johan cool project...
211 single ended triode Tube amplifier using lundahl interstage double c core,kt88,300b,845 direct heated triode,mkp, ...

Unfortunately I must put "you're wrong" it was not a certain schematic... it was not something that had been built ever before Aref did it... keep this in mind, Aref has designed the schematic by just investigating countless of other tested projects and shcems and found the best things and put them all together... the interstages were twisted by hand... we just can't nullify others jobs just because they are not walking and thinking in the way we prefer... if we are really something, we should be proud if someone does a nice job.. we should motivate them... we shall not play the roll as obstacle on their path... you know, Iranian people are really flops while team working... I can verify that because I used to live in U.K for about 20 months or so and have seen that vast majority of British ain't like us... we just say "there is no us in this" when we get somewhere... come on... don't be like that...

it was not something that had been built ever before Aref did it... keep this in mind, Aref has designed the schematic by just investigating countless of other tested projects and shcems and found the best things and put them all together... the interstages were twisted by hand... ...
nice ! :)is it diy or registered brand ?can see schematic or pictures of parts in connection?

nice ! :)is it diy or registered brand ?can see schematic or pictures of parts in connection?

taking in consideration that these mono blocks is not mine and I don't have access to them, even if I had I couldn't make public something which is not mine... but Aref can reveal the details and provide information to fill the gaps to help other DIYers... it depends on him
if we (you, Aref, me, blah blah blah...) corporate together we might have some moments of glory between us and that glory might last forever... as long as we don't, this won't ever happen and if so, we just break our own rule... the rule of DIY... in a close and small society of DIY in Iran, everyone should be parts of an individual body... like pieces of a jig-saw puzzle... as you put parts together you'll find a shining result and the final picture would be yourself, like a mirror... but while some parts are missing you'll find yourself keep shifting with the whole portrait... needless to say nobody is perfect... learning is an eternal process... the only thing that might be called "absolute" is that "nothing is absolute"

if we (you, Aref, me, blah blah blah...) corporate together we might have some moments of glory between us and that glory might last forever... as long as we don't, this won't ever happen and if so, we just break our own rule... the rule of DIY... in a close and small society of DIY in Iran, everyone should be parts of an individual body... like pieces of a jig-saw puzzle... QUOTE]
good...:) so good....:D
It’s crystal clear that unity helps us achieve our goals. However I regard your project as a prestigious attempt but my friends in Iran are sharing their experiences through permanent friendly manners.

Now it’s time to ask you some questions:

1) Is the honesty an important factor to make our objectives? If the answer is yes, why the amp maker doesn’t say what schematic diagram he is benefited or even copied!

2) How long has he been making tube amps?

3) How many tube projects must successfully be done until one can be a trustworthy adviser?

4) It’s obvious that the quality and specifications of audio transformers affect the final sound. Now you claim he has made them even inter-stage ones and yet the sound is excellent!!!
So you say he has achieved the quality of advanced audio companies in his first adventure?

5) You didn’t pay attention to my request of having some photos from your project so is it the right way to make confidence?

6) How long have you yourself been dealing with DIY projects? Tell me about your own experiences.

7) It seems a bit strange that you appear instead of the real amp maker. Is it an attempt to avoid giving required information and buy some time to find alleged answers?

My friend, I’m looking forward for the answers this time more honest then before.

Hi Aref

I Ask from You about Interstage but Ariyahoor Say About face Of your Amp!!!!!!!!
please write About Interstage and its Calculation. Pleas take some pics from Interstage. I am so Enthusiast about interstage but thay are so expensive.

have you met your optometrist this year?

I'd very much like to write some paragraphs about what Aref has built because I was one of the invitees on the demonstration session... you probably want to indirectly imply that inter-stage chokes were bought from abroad... but that's not right... weeks of time spent to twist wiring each by each stride... maximum care has been taking... let's get back to the main issue.. where was I? Oh yeah... testing day ..... to make it understandable I need to go back two months... I just came in sooner, more of the same... Aref just arrived right at time... a polite young man with his friend... two very big and well packed wooden boxes sat on the studio's floor... took some minutes to unwrap them... two recently born infants came outta boxes... looked shining... charming... they were place the the setup and turned on to warm up... after twenty minutes or so the tubes were pretty high...but thinks were about to get even warmer... with the sound...
"Let's get the show on the road" I said and it was checkout time... we were all anxious to begin the sequence of tests... OK... here we go...
first tracks started... sound was just amazing... low-db manger speakers was being handled so well as there was no tomorrow... the volume of sound was pretty high as every man jack would think the roof was just about raining down... sound stage was great literary... I was tied to the chair... I had been given the best seat, front row... center... in the middle of sweet point... we could hear the first fringe touch of the violin arch on the chords... the bass was pretty tight... I have not listened to few sounds... but this one was not a bit but to much different... the timber accuracy of the tubes were just adequate... Manger is so swift... but mono blocks worked the testes out very good... I mean it... really good.
the build quality was eye-catcher... the face was built from plexiglass which laser did the engraving on them... binding-posts were just in the place... gold-plated... tubes were all well-placed... electrostatic painting all over the deck board... a piece of high-quality and darkened wood was dominating looks at the first glance.
all in all it was pretty hoping... nothing wrong... everything was as would be.
someones want to belittle this nice job but I'm afraid, I have to say the reality... even it's a sore one (hey you... I'm talking you... yeah... you yourself )

inter stage

:hohoho: hi navid !!

maybe you can't believe but finally I found the best formula to winding interstage transformers
after about 8 month working the result was Amazing . my first successful interstage had been designed to drive 2a3 tube in single mode I tested It first time to drive 2A3 Tube and compared it to Srpp dirving by 6sn7 . so I found more details and nice timbre accuracy by interstage and sound stage was appeared more and more !!!!:).

I have made that interstages on EI core !!

first iran interstages transformers finally was made in marand !!

maybe you can't believe but finally I found the best formula to winding interstage transformers
after about 8 month working the result was Amazing . my first successful interstage had been designed to drive 2a3 tube in single mode I tested It first time to drive 2A3 Tube and compared it to Srpp dirving by 6sn7 . so I found more details and nice timbre accuracy by interstage and sound stage was appeared more and more !!!!:).

very nice Aref... you're getting some giant strides on tube DIY in Iran but some other guys are just beating about the bush... all talking but no walking...
Good job buddy... keep going and whenever you need help just whistle... we will be there...
some photos of the inner circles of interstage would be a point-blank shot straight in the head... then it would be those guys funeral... lol

Cornscala does not seem to be a Klipsch product. But, rather an attempt to produce a variance of the Klipsch Cornwall with the mid horn of a La Scala.

<meta name="description" content="Klipsch audio systems provide the true audio/video lover a wide variety of high performance loudspeakers and loudspeaker systems for music and home theater entertainment centers, including iPod speakers, multimedia s

One producer of it is Critesspeakers which boasts four basic designs with "mix and match" driver selections.

Cornscala Style A | Critesspeakers.com

Klipsch does not list it in either their current products or Heritage series.

I expected some technical description but maybe top secret.

Congratulation. You have Complex and Accurate</SPAN> measurement tools in marand.

No pics needed. Your Answer is enough for me Thank you.

As soon as you're talking about interstage transformers, I can post my case here.

Last week I finalized the winding of a monstrous interstage transformer. This beast weights 7 kilograms and is going to be installed into a 211 SET power amplifier. The output tube is going to be driven in by a 300B through IITC (inverted interstage transformer coupling).

The frequency response of this beast is enormous. Below you will find attached pictures of the square wave response at 10Hz, 100Hz, 1kHz, 10kHz and 100kHz! The pics show the response with the transformer fully loaded!

Such ridiculously high freq response is something not so usual in ISTs...

Attachments

• IST_300B_10Hz.jpg
    IST_300B_10Hz.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 484
  • IST_300B_100Hz.jpg
    IST_300B_100Hz.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 465
  • IST_300B_1000Hz.jpg
    IST_300B_1000Hz.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 422
  • IST_300B_10000Hz.jpg
    IST_300B_10000Hz.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 426
  • IST_300B_100000Hz.jpg
    IST_300B_100000Hz.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 410
As soon as you're talking about interstage transformers, I can post my case here.

Last week I finalized the winding of a monstrous interstage transformer. This beast weights 7 kilograms and is going to be installed into a 211 SET power amplifier. The output tube is going to be driven in by a 300B through IITC (inverted interstage transformer coupling).

The frequency response of this beast is enormous. Below you will find attached pictures of the square wave response at 10Hz, 100Hz, 1kHz, 10kHz and 100kHz! The pics show the response with the transformer fully loaded!

Such ridiculously high freq response is something not so usual in ISTs...

Good job man ;) seems you got something big going on about interstages... those sharp-angled waves do the justice about your nice handcrafts

Good job man ;) seems you got something big going on about interstages... those sharp-angled waves do the justice about your nice handcrafts

Thanks for your kind words.
This IST is wound on double c core iron pieces and is going to drive the 211 output tube inductively by a 300B tube through IITC (remember Shishido's job).
The hardest task is to provide a perfectly linear load on 300B under all operating conditions (both ClassA1 and ClassA2) from subsonics to supersonics. That's why you need mostrously sized iron pieces. This is not well seen here but it is obtainable only if the IST has freq extension so huge like this one.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.