My first shot at an IGC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
thanks Nuuk. (I think) I know the wires arn't the prettiest, but I like to look at it and contemplate what is doing what. my next will definatly be totely enclosed to make my girlfriend happier. I don't think it is her favorite thing in the living room right now.

I tried very hard to not buy anything for this project. the angle heatsinks I had on hand. the MDF was already cut to a convienient size. the acrylic and masonite were very cheap. all wiring was done with stuff I already had. same with the fasteners. so I can't claim that I had any plan or design in mind. I just let it come together in the cheapest and most simple way I could. very evolutionary from start to finish.

more pics to come.

I considered going totally clear (like a TT dust cover), but i think that might look kind of disco. I'm thinking solid sides, solid top with a 5*7ish window set in flush (using the rabbit bit on my router) all exterior walls painted flat black (my favorite color, I'm a hot rodder at heart) with the interior painted white, so when you look in, it glows red. also you don't have to look at the LED's from the couch while a movie is on (seemed distracting).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.