My first Dipole Subwoofer!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Arctophile said:
Thanks John, that helps.

I'm still puzzled as to how connecting the drivers in series or to separate channels will affect the push-pull operation though.

//Adam F

It doesn't. Push/pull just means you have an equal number of drivers pushing out and pulling in toward the basket in unison. It doesn't matter what type of alignment either, dipole, infinite baffle, sealed, ported, etc.

Hello there Rudolf!

Please, there's no need for apologies.

In fact, I have a confession to make to everyone.

Almost a year ago, I decomissioned those wonderful diploe subs I loved so much and I still miss them to this very day.

The reason I let them go is the simple fact that they were just entirely too large for my room and were totally destroying the imaging and soundstaging of my main loudspeakers.

I now have an SVS PB12-ISD/2 subwoofer which provides excellent bass all the way down to 12Hz in my room (114dB @ 16Hz) which gives me some spectacular earth moving experiences to say the least! That I can say is one thing those dipoles could never do, at least not to this degree.

On the other hand though, the SVS still doesn't provide the ultimate slam, ultra fast attact and complete open detail of those huge and ugly dipoles of mine.

However, thanks to you I am now very interested in these "Ripole" designs. The good news is that I still have those 15" Pyle drivers and they seem to be acceptable in the ripole designs as well.

I look forward to reading your new thread on this design. Who knows, I might be out in the front yard again soon building quad ripoles!! Not to replace my SVS, but just to play around with.

Also from what I have read so far in the last few posts of this thread, am I to understand that with these ripole designs, lower frequencies can be realised with the same drivers?!

Hmmmm...... :bulb:

Hi chops
Did you ever build that ripole sub?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.