My first attempt to make a chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Elizard is this quote right?

1 Pc 8.00" 3/8 x 7 6061 Alum Plate $10.64

1 Pc 7.00" 3/8 x 4 6061 Alum Plate $5.32

1 Pc 9.00" 3/8 x 4 6061 Alum Plate $6.84

1 Pc 3.00" 3/4 square 6061 Alum $3.11

1 Pc 7.00" (offer) 1 x 4 110 Copper ETP $49.70

Plus Ups Freight

Do they use Height. thickness X width?:bigeyes:

the reason for the copper bar is to dissipate heat better to the aluminum its attached to.

I'd suggest to skip the copper bar, and mount the chips directly to the case .. or if you insist a bar of aluminum of that size.

But yes, those prices look about right. They've a strange way of writing dimensions.
I'm used to stuff like 1/2" aluminum, 7"x10"
they do 10" 3/8"x7" .. odd ways, but whatever .. same thing :)

one thing to be wary of .. they overcharged me for shipping .. so make sure you get a REASONABLE shipping quote from them ..

they charged me twice what it cost them to ship via USPS .. next time i'm going to demand that they either quote me exactly what it costs, or that i pay for the goods (or at least shipping) afterwards .. (it cost $9 to ship the package, i was charged $17 .. no idea how they came up with the price)

oh yeah, i checked the dimensions on the squares they cut for me .. all the cuts are nice and square (as they should) and the dimensions are VERY close to what they should be!

The Look
Is this a PS2? No, it has no DVD rom

Is this an Amp-2 ? No, the name on the plate wasn't P.D

Then what is this? (haha no name yet)

I finally cut the middle aluminum bar to the right measurement, and the cut off will eventrually become one of the T stand structure. You can see it on the picture. Next thing is to sand this sucker down! and drill holes.:smash:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.