My F4 Build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Now having listened to this amp for about 5 hours I can't help but think how many "Bad Speakers" there are out there falsely accused because of a crappy amp with a brand badge on it.
There are many people that don't like the Tweeters I'm using (Dayton DC28-F) but just contrasting between my LM4780 Parallel and the F4 I think it sheds a little light on those poor forgotten "Bad Speakers" in the junk heap.

Don't worry about the fans yet, you have enough heatsink to keep things from burning up. (at normal bias)

Get the amp working and then finish the fans. But yes, you can take the fan power from wherever you like.

The alternative to paying lots in shipping costs is ordering multiples of things when you make big orders, to stock your shelf full of handy things... That's actually more expensive, but nobody will honestly tell you that...

Thats the only way I run down here in the bottom of darkest Africa. If I order transistors I order by 25 or 50 batch sizes, resistors and diodes by 50 or 100s.

Feels like I am building a small electronics store. My wife will kill me if she knows the worth of my stash. :nownow:

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Well, my 6DJ8's are in my preamp.
Now I can swing 17V @ 1k tone soundcard as my source (measured by Fluke 87) into my 81db efficient speakers.
I know that Nelson says to stick with 87db and greater speakers but this thing is just a real peach.
I lost a smidge of low bass but I have gained Focus and Power.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.