My class D amp

Hi!

Anyone with knowledge on class D amps...question here, can this inductor be used as alternative for 220uH choke coil on AUD600?

Thank You!

(I wonder why the contributor has gone silent, It's been a while, i'm currently collecting parts for AUD600...guess I needed guidance.)

Attachments

• 220uH_inductor.jpg
    220uH_inductor.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 1,852
Is this core suitable for Class D amps? any other suggestion?

T157-2 Micrometals Iron Powder Toroid

Hi Raj,

any TXXX-2 core can do the best for class D amp filter.

EQfor AUD600 is a crossover for full range and you can modify to a sub crossover fixed frequency one.

My AUD600 Rev3.0 is suitable for any type of filter core like T106-2,ETD,EE & EI core with gap and supply voltage range will support like +/-35V to +/-85V and IRFP250N will support fsw up to @500KHz range with cool.my only problem was HF little low (using ETD,EE,EI with gap)compare to LOW and MID,but it is satisfactory.I am not started the PCB yet.

Regards
MANOJ

Last edited:
my only problem was HF little low (using ETD,EE,EI with gap)compare to LOW and MID,but it is satisfactory.I am not started the PCB yet.
Hi Manoj,
use accurate LCR meter to measure the value of your inductor. maybe your ee type filters don't have enough inductance to reach a good cut-off freq. also as i calculated before , in lower loads , we lost some higher frequency and we should increase cut-off freq.

anyway , please delete some of your PM so i can give you my e-mail.

Regards

Hi Manoj:

Thanks for the information about the core. I am searching digikey and they have T106-2 only, they call it FIT106-2. Is it good for higher voltage like +/-85? or should I go for T157-2.

would you please share your schematic of AUD600 ver3.0? I am very interested to build one for me.

Cordially,
Raj

lycanlk Please check ypur PM.

Regards,
Pravpa

I'm sorry friend, I don't have any of my past project files since my portable hard disk was stolen by muggers in Croydon, UK. So I lost everything. I came back to Sri Lanka a few months ago and started DIY projects again.

Anyway I will search those project files in my friends PC. If I'd be lucky I will share those for you all. :)

cheers!