My 2:nd ESL-attempt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
sorry to quote such old replys but

i used felt from a shop where you can get clotch and stuff for sowing, and really in my measurements it did not alter the highs at all and resonance was almost gone!!!

you do miss the transparancy of the panel witch could be a problem for some folks.

Hello Wachara,

You only need to put the felt on the back of the rear stator.
The easiest way to apply the felt is with contact cement applied only around the outside edge of the rear stator, basically where the spacers run up the sides, top, and bottom between the rear stator and diaphragm.

For a quick test to decide if you like the results, you could just tape the perimeter of the felt down to the stator.
Much easier to remove and less messy than contact cement.

Also, you will find that once the bias voltage has been on for a few hours the felt will acquire a charge that will cause the felt to be attracted to the stator helping to hold it in place.

Last edited:
Still using the oil burner transformers, but I'm planing a major overhaul soon!
The oil burner transformers are not usable above ~175Hz and I would like to cross over to the mid/high-panel a bit higher!
I'm going to redo my basspanels with 12µm film and try to wind new audiotransformers + integrate the speakers with my dipole subs ( 2x12" SLS in H-baffle).

/R

Still using the oil burner transformers, but I'm planing a major overhaul soon!
The oil burner transformers are not usable above ~175Hz and I would like to cross over to the mid/high-panel a bit higher!
/R

I'm having the same problem. Here is what the output of my burner transformers driving the bass panels looks like:
OilburnerTransformers.jpg

I'm hoping I can use some equalizing to level the output for a 400Hz crosover. If not, then I'll be looking for some better transformers myself.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.