my 1st ever D-amp, WORKING!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
They're power transistors set up as followers with some added filtering. Don't use the zener without it...

Simpler the better... op amp choice doesn't matter? Some advice.

You can do it pretty simple, research it, also research CRCRC filters.

It all matters, they key is to do it within your ability/cost, and not overcomplicate without worthy benefits. That's good design.

You could also try batteries just for kicks :) Don't forget to make the ground common.

classd4sure said:
Be carefuly making your own charger. Do a little research on recharging the specific batteries you want to use, because they can explode.

Also I'm not sure if there's any benefit to using them if they're connected to the dirty supply during operation.

jsut kidding

:D

anyway, I have made board... op-amp NE5532 buffer + supply reg for it.... post pic later.... ok I measured supply... +/-14VDC @ 100mA(maybe?).. used 2n5551/5401

measured pin #1 and #7 .. its 10mV DC .. with reference to ground... is THIS ok??:xeye: ;)

classd4sure said:
That's why I edited it... gimme a break, it's 4 in the morning.

hhhmmm too late a post? hhehehe nah.. no big deal.. :)

anyway, NE5532 is -=the best=- I could find in our area... I dunno if the store where I buy parts, would order them... :) jsut told them, "try to have this n that" :)

anyway, IS IT normal?? 10mV output of op-amp??? I can go ac coupled with that.. there IS space for 22uF on the board... man, dialup sucks! can even open photobucket yet...

after =========MUCH========= tweaking of this DIY UcD amp, made some measurements... Dc offset(speaker terminal) is -0.6mV.. input is NOT grounded... I just =muted= CD player headphone output volume.... :smash: note: no op-amp input buffer

=finally did it!!= ..... now almost all parts are cooler to the touch than before...

on the input buffer (NE5532), its works with UcD amp... BUT i cant still connect it with coupling caps bypassed.... need to tweak it STILL.... I GOT DC!! yuck!! YES, buffer provides addtl gain.. though I DID hear a -slight- difference in tonal quality...:xeye: .... Its the only BEST op-amp I can find here.. but that dont bother me, as long as it works... still need some more tweaking (op-amp buffer) though.....

AND why I still dont use it with UcD??? boosted zener regulator for the op-amp HEATS!!! I used 2N5551/2N5401 ONLY!!! yes bad move :) too small power a transistor... might as well use TIP31C and its PNP counterpart.... btw, supply for NE5532 is only +/-9VDC... but it works.. :) I wish someone would send AD8620 as advance christmas gift.. hahah:D

worthwhile D-AMP to make... it never EVER wasted my time... and I learned a lot from it too... :D

Regards,
Raff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.