MXR headphone amp(i need help)

I tried to simulate the mxr circuit with the pspice, but the results don't seem to come out as I thought, so I'm going to ask a question. The closer the original volume resistance is to zero, the bigger the waveform should be
It's true that it gets bigger when it's actually simulated, but the output signal is too low compared to the input signal, so I don't know what the problem is

I thought I drew the circuit diagram wrong, so I redrew it, and the results were the same.

I think it's an opamp problem, so I changed the opamp, but the same result came out
What's the problem?

1700321956741.png

1700321942437.png

1700321991939.png

I am not familiar with the simulation program you are using (like many others here I use LTSpice), but I have some questions/comments.

First, should there be a dot whenever there are connections? Because I see dots at some points that should be connections and not at other points. If there should be dots at each connection then it isn't wired correctly.

Second, things look weird around C5. Is there a wire going through it? Because it looks like there is something in the middle of the symbol. Also, it looks like the voltage is 0 volts to the right of the circuit? I find this part of the circuit to be confusing, which is odd given this is such a very simple circuit.

Third, have you plotted the signal levels at different points in the circuit? For example, what is the signal coming out of the opamp? Does it look like you expect?

EDIT: With a 9V supply the largest output signal I would expect to see before the opamp clips would be well under 4V peak; yet I just noticed that you have a 1V peak input and have the circuit gain set to about 13. Even if the circuit simulated correctly the output would be saturated. How about you use an input voltage of 0.05V or 0.1 V instead?

By the way, even if this did simulate okay, in the real world it will be thermally unstable. Why? Because you have no emitter resistors on the output stage.

cheers,

jason

ps In the future it would be good form to redraw the circuit so it fits in one image. Will be easier to debug that way.

Last edited: