Musical Fidelity P270-2 output devices?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
and more photos again

Attachments

• HPIM00281.jpg
    HPIM00281.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 666
  • HPIM00261.jpg
    HPIM00261.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 636
  • HPIM00291.jpg
    HPIM00291.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 638
Levin,
Thank you for the detailed describtion related to the noise issue.
I will start replacing the power supply caps, followed by the main board caps, wires etc.
Shall I be concerned regarding soft start circuit - any risk damaging the amplifier due to the changes, especially change of power caps?
What is the transformer size, and is it possible to replace the two with larger transformer to increase overall power supply, and thereby increasing the amplifiers handling capabilities? Diy newbie so I'm not aware of the consequences upscalingthe trafos may cause!

Joined 2010
Paid Member
The only difference relevant to audio applications is in LT's A suffix parts which have lower input offset current and voltage, hence much better CMRR and PSRR. You don't necessarily have to spend up on industrial cum Mil-spec. parts whose only further advantage is that they can work in extreme temperature environments.

Whatever the reason for thinking the 118 versions must be better than 218 or 318 for audio, the original parts were not the cheapest and there is a very high risk of fakes with those Chinese Ebay parts. Yes, any unusual or premium priced parts are now faked to incredible degrees that were once thought just an occasional problem with certain traders.

It may not matter much if you bought 20 TLO72s when you thought you were getting OPA2134s but this is a critical part. Absolutely, buy from local, authorized dealers if you need key parts like these in your amplifier, where you could do serious damage with fakes.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.