Musical Fidelity Clone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Recently purchased PCB's that are based on the Musical Fidelity A2 class A mosfet amplifier. No documentation was sent with them and none was found on the internet. TransLAB is the silkscreen name on the boards. I have begun to buy and install components and would like to find support and discussion on the design. Has anyone attempted this amp project? I will post some pictures for all to view.
John

Attachments

• MFA2-3 Amplifier PCB.jpg
    MFA2-3 Amplifier PCB.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 376
  • TranLAB MFA2-3.jpg
    TranLAB MFA2-3.jpg
    867.4 KB · Views: 387
AF2 Mosfet Amplifer

This is another project where 7 of these amplifiers are assembled. They are lateral mosfet AB design. Sound quality is good. A better source material is needed to really hear the sonic purity of the design.

Attachments

• 20180125_194233.jpg
    20180125_194233.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 179
Thanks for sharing that.

I have been interested in these amplifiers for some time now. How did those translab boards work out for you? Have you tried them? Are they worth buying or should I look somewhere else? Can you rate sound quality over some of the other common mosfets such as the 5200/1943 chips?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.