music w/ some BASS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Re: Portishead

faithblinded said:

Actually that entire album is not Portishead at all! Pearl is an album by a band called Mandalay.
Having said that I do love Mandalay, and Portishead, but the two are not even remotely the same.

As far as my bass tastes go, I second the Massive Attack recommendation, particularly the Mezzanine album.

Good thread!

agree. but I never heard more deaper bass, them Pearl.
Massive Attack - even not close.
I couldn't say about Portished -my favorite. it's wrong. couse it's Led Zeppelin. it's another world, another feeling, emotions. ok Dazed and confused anyway the best for me but it's offtopic. :) I'm sorry.
thanks for discuss, friends

I just bought one that makes the 12's pump

Fish - Raingods With Zippos

The piano intro is overdriven and sounds like ****, but in the second half of the cd, Chocolate Frogs and Waving at Stars has a bass line that is pure sustained sine waves that drop down into the 20 hz range. It also sounds really great in my experience bed. I have a bed with Aura Bass Shakers that I listen to headphones in. Cooool

If you want a bass test, pipe organ music is the only way to go.

Widor's Toccata Symphony Number 5 has lots of very low, and very pronounced, bass drone notes under the melody.

Download, or buy, the version from 'The Bride's Guide To Wedding Music' CD.

Bach's Organ Fugue in G Minor is another. As well as his Toccata And Fugue in D Minor.

Bass drums and bass guitars are transients, where as pipe organs, by nature of their construction, play constant amplitude notes, putting a much higher demand on the system to maintain power to the continuous note.

Widor is a German name, so the Wi sounds a V.

V-door.

pipe organ is the only thing that cuts it. the bass riff in watermelon man (herbie hancock, head hunters is the album...incredible tracks) is very low and will make it seem like ur woofers are being kicked (they should move lol). great low bass. blockhead - music by cavelight has great low bass as well.

Re: Mo' Lo Bass

Dr.Faustus said:
Bela Fleck and the Flecktones (Jazz)
Flight of the Cosmic Hippo - It's mostly synth bass, but goes darn low

This has long been my favorite disc for showing shortcomings of many supposed 'real thumper' sub installs. One guy had two of the higher $$$ 12" Rockford Fostage subs in a box tuned to 45-50 Hz and there are notes on the Flight cd that you just couldn't really hear... but they did some really funky unexpected things. Sounded great on my modest Illusion sub in a sealed box.

you can’t get anymore bass than this I mean I have 2 12” and 1 10” subs and a massive amp hooked to my computer, the cd goes down to 10Hz I can move my roller door several meters away and the number plate fell of our old car lol my computer gets errors and beeps at me I think the graphics card is coming loose man its too loud.

I have volume 1 or 2 I can't remember
http://www.epinions.com/musc_mu-342413

Hey, if you want sumthing u can actually listen to, (not bass tests)
u should try got it sewed up(remix) by Mike jones, its got some pretty deep bass and fat kick, or
if u want something that is loud and heavy try cadillac on 22's by david banner or even try three 6 mafia like late nite tip or ridin spinners they have real deep bass

Another vote here for Three Six Mafia. Hits hard, loud, and low.

Especially their songs "Dis B1tch, Dat Hoe" and "Smoke Dat Weed"

Also 504 Boyz song called "Wobble Wobble" Lots of loud low bass, you HAVE to have a good sub to hear the low bass.

As far as rock goes, for very loud bass that carries, Tool does very nicely.

I’m a dj producer (Dj~Freakquency) myself I like laying down hard nrg bass tracks some I cannot program anymore bass on them because the amplitude is to great for a cd but its so low it makes your subs **dance** as I like to call it because sometimes I go down to 5Hz now that’s (my tracks) is the most insane bass and hard hitting beats I have ever heard in a track other than a dedicated subwoofer testing cd like bass for bass heads you can have a FREE!!! listen to the volume 5 cd here

http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Bass Erotica:1927141995

Some of my favorite artists for bass impact are Squarepusher, Aphex Twin and Venetian Snares.

Flip the coin and it's Holly Cole, Diana Krall, Marcus Miller stuff.

Cheers,

Rob.

Gotta love those cd covers Hayden:D :D

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 296
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.