Multi-way Horn System

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Very nice! How is your enclosure stuffed? How low does the TD15LO go?

Bill

When I measure with RTA in room it reaches 40hz. Bass changes from cardioid to dipole between 100 - 200hz, so I boost 7db at 50hz. Bass still pressurizes the room although it gets more dipole at the low end.

When the weather is better (summer), I am planning outside measurements. :)

Idea is inspired by: Cardioid bass

Attachments

• Demping.jpg
    Demping.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 352
Dr. Geddes, thank you for your comments with regards to horn subwoofers. I do have the space for a horn sub but multiple conventional subs are much easier to build than even one horn.

LineSource, thanks for the RichMan/PoorMan driver compliment recommendations. Between those and Jeroenkv posts I am starting to see the light with respect to the constant directivity efforts done on the SEOS project. I think that using a SEOS horn and a high quality mid-bass driver supported by a multi-subwoofer arrangement would be a very attractive combination indeed.

Off to do more reading on SEOS based builds.

Dr. Geddes, thank you for your comments with regards to horn subwoofers. I do have the space for a horn sub but multiple conventional subs are much easier to build than even one horn.

And multiple subs work better. Even Don Keele noted some decades ago that horns were a bad choice at LFs when volume and complexity of the enclosure were taken into account. Above 500-1k Hz waveguides are essential for directivity control, but below that they work poorly and are not a good choice. Below 200 Hz in a small room, multiple subs are just about the only choice.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.