Multi-kilowatt blaster in development

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
peranders said:
Have you tested the power supply anything? LM311 :scratch: will this work?

Yes, the 311 circuit does work. I was skeptical when I first saw it a few years ago. I've been using that same circuit to drive Hexfets on the high side in our test sets at work, with clean 100ns rise times on 36V supplies. Last year I put together an experimental prototype with 2-tier 42/84 volt switched rails and had some problems that turned out to be unrelated. It turned out I had some fake MPSA56's which were upsetting the VAS causing marginal stability. Once working, the rails switch clean as a whistle, and no crosstalk problems with 4 channels running off a common trafo. I'll bet if I go back to the all-2N3773 OPS now it would work fine on the prototype, but I've moved on to the bigger one.

wg_ski said:
This is the high power blaster I've been working on designing.

Nice to see your using high voltage lines above 100V.

I have found the big amps I have made up to now have been 60 volts or less. While this gives a fair bit of power into 4ohms the transients on music get clipped very easily if it is anywhere near turned up.

The dynamic range of the amp is very important to the final sound.

Its all well testing with a sine wave to check for problems but once this is done live music is the next important test.

hi wg ski
greetings can you tell if you have any pcbdesign for your rail switching
schematic my stepdriver apex audio using tlo72 is not working can i make this
step driver of yours using 2sc5200 in outputs with 2sa1943 i can make on dot
board only want to confirm if schematic is full and correct
thanking you
andrew lebon

POWERFUL ONE

Hi Wg ski
greetings tempted to make your amp do you have any pcb pattern to share is negative side step schematic ok and can this step be used in h class
amps in which step is triggered from speaker output even if you dont have pcb
i can make one just need little help from you
warm regards
andrew lebon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.