Mtx ta81001 resistor problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can someone help me out on a repair? Have a mtx ta81001 have 5 off them fix 4 of them.but the fifth one is giving me trouble. Resistor r147 and 148 burn up as soon I apply power to the remote input on the amp.do anyone know what might be my issue or hack fix the problem. I also can post pictures if the bord parts if any needs help replace a burnt part.

Those large resistors and all of the components in the immediate area form the voltage regulators. The transistors and SMD diodes won't generally have any visible signs of damage. Some of the smaller resistors have visible damage when they fail but you often need a magnifying glass to see it. The transistors clamped to the heatsink (likely IRF540) may also be damaged. The negative regulator may have additional components near the opto-couplers.

You should also know that there is likely extensive damage to the preamp board.

Do NOT apply power to the amp without having all components tightly clamped to the heatsink.

If this amp drives the fans from the positive regulator and it has failed as well, all fans will likely need to be replaced.

here a pic

The is the shorted part I have fount

Attachments

• 20140814_222136.jpg
    20140814_222136.jpg
    926.2 KB · Views: 85
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.