mtx 1501d sawtooth waveform

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Even with 470ohm, I tried 330ohm too, current draw shuts amp down with current limiting resistor. I took pictuture of output waveform 20v/div and 10uS/div

Attachments

• output waveform.jpg
    output waveform.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 184
What's the current draw at idle without the current limiting resistor?

If the current draw is excessive, are you sure that the problem is due to the the output transistors? Could there be a problem with the power supply? Does the excessive current draw begin before LED238 lights?

When the value of the resistors needs to be increased, the amp will draw excessive current and LED238 will blink off when the amp is driven to near clipping. Was this happening with the 270 ohm resistors?

I've had several 3120s that seemed to work properly and checking them with a multimeter seemed to indicate that they were OK but the amp wouldn't work properly until they were replaced.

I'd also suggest that you use devices manufactured by agilent/avago. Someone sent me an amp with components from a different manufacturer and they would not work (even though they seemed to be OK when checked with a multimeter). I replaced them with agilent devices and the amp worked normally.

The following link shows approximately what you will read for a 3120 that is in good working order (device out of the board and meter set to diode check).

http://www.bcae1.com/temp/hcpl3120optocheck.swf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.