MTX 1501D regulated voltage issue

In servicing this amp, Im not finding proper +-15vDC on preamp components. im unable to determine where to start actually. What components are responsible for housekeeping voltages?

The amp powers on and idles at 1.5A. No passing audio. Looks like the Class-D section and PS is ok

Thank you

Did you see the MTX 81000 page?
repair_tutorial/miscellaneousstuff/mtx/mtx81000d/mtx81000dwaveformsandnotes.htm

That FET drives the yellow transformer. Feedback from the output of that transformer does allow it to regulate but it doesn't act like FET260 next to it (which is part of the regulator circuit for one of the optocouplers).

Back looking at this and the MTX81000 page. Im finding the diodes just above the transformer are not regulating +-15vDC. Im getting +6vDC to the right of the right set, and -1vDC on the left of the left set. Most other readings with my scope are showing correctly from what I can tell to the 81000D page.

The 100uf SMD caps to the left of those diodes are getting quite warm, as is the 33ohm resistor to the left of the transformer.
D475 and D472 are acting 'shorted' or so as they appear to be connected to the 0.22ohm resistors south of the transformer.

Head scratcher

Not out of the woods yet. I found a like rectifier on a parts MTX and installed it for further bench testing.
Under load, the amp immediately goes crazy with any kind of increased signal I cant even get the amp to pull more than 3.5A current before it goes berserk. Its not stable at all.

With no load, I can tell the output has a real problem. Heres a photo of my scope at 20v/Div, 1ms with a high voltage 75hz inputted sign wave. The bottom half of the output is messed up.

Photo

Attachments

• IMG_1664.jpeg
    IMG_1664.jpeg
    357.4 KB · Views: 14