MTM RS180/Seas H1212 Done!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just finished the left and right channels of my 7.1 system. MTMs consisting of RS180s and Seas H1212. Crossed at 1,800 Hz, 4th order LR, 4 dB BSC, vented, 1.1 cu ft, tuned at 41Hz and F3 of 51. They'll be dressed with the standard black ash vinyl to go inside the new HT. I just can't believe how good this set up sounds. My wife even sat through a couple of my favorite cuts. The LM4780 amp I built last month with the help of Aaron and Bob Cottiers did not have any hesitation driving the 4 ohm set. I hope my receiver will be able to do the same. Thanks to everyone on the forum, especially guys like Zaph and Mark K who keep testing and telling us which drivers to use and not to spend money on expensive c**p, Roman and Curt C for answering so many of my questions. I still got a long way to go, but I think I've done pretty fair so far. This is such a GREAT HOBBY!!!

Hong

PC220330.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.