• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Mr White's "Opus", designing a simple balanced DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just for grins here are ow the 3d models look. Not all the parts are modeled, but it should give you a pretty good idea how the DAC and PS will look.

Here is the DAC first...

Cheers!
Russ

Attachments

• dac2.jpg
    dac2.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,704
update

Hi All,

I have the PCB gerbers ready for the order, but the fab shop I use will not be ready to process them until next Monday (holiday). I actually have five PCB designs all going out at the same time, so at least this give me a little double check time. :)

I would say 2-3 weeks at the soonest based on my last order.

MashBill, as a brewer I can truly appreciate your user ID.

Cheers!
Russ

Re: update

Russ White said:
Hi All,

I have the PCB gerbers ready for the order, but the fab shop I use will not be ready to process them until next Monday (holiday). I actually have five PCB designs all going out at the same time, so at least this give me a little double check time. :)

I would say 2-3 weeks at the soonest based on my last order.

MashBill, as a brewer I can truly appreciate your user ID.

Cheers!
Russ

Good news!

So, when can we order Twisted Brew to go with our Twisted Pear gear?

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Sorry for going off-topic, but I thought I'd mention the following.

If anyone is interested I have about 8-pcs of WM8740 left. I had to buy 10-pcs in a sample order two months ago and used two for evaluation. I finally settled on another DAC, but the WM8740 sure is a capable one. I'd be willing to sell these at $15 a piece (including shipping) and of course I'd be happy to ship internationally. PM me for details.

11884.jpg

Best regards,

Sander Sassen
http://www.hardwareanalysis.com

preiter said:
Any idea on pricing for these kits?

Will there be an option to order them with the DAC and reciever chips mounted?

The price is not finalized yet but it should be ~ $100.

The beta PCBs are on their way to me right now. As soon as the DAC is tested we will order more parts.

Yes we will give the option of the DAC and receiver parts pre-mounted.

Cheers!
Russ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.