MPS Eval. Board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well now, it looks like we might have something interesting to play with here....And, Avnet might them in DIP8...Mmmm
In fact, now I've checked, and they do have 38 in PDIP8....
Wow, go figure...Thru the hole....I can use these with my CMOY components.....While they last....

Attachments

• mp7720.pdf
    81.5 KB · Views: 31
sled108 said:
Well now, it looks like we might have something interesting to play with here....And, Avnet might them in DIP8...Mmmm
In fact, now I've checked, and they do have 38 in PDIP8....
Wow, go figure...Thru the hole....I can use these with my CMOY components.....While they last....

For the price of two MPS7720 + shipping from AVNET you can have a complete working board from Sure Electronics.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-8W-8ohm-4ohm-...photoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

I have the Sure boards. They will take a little bit of work to sound good. It is single ended, and a conversion to BTL will take care of the output cap (which kills the sound quality), but it will also convert the board to a mono output. It has a little funny thing at the input where one channel is split into two, each with it's own cap and resistor, but one attaches to both chips at the PIN. I'm going to have to doublecheck this, though, since it was a quick glance through. If you read the 7731 datasheet, you'll get an idea of how this functions and the work needed to get the board to a BTL design. The Monolythic datasheets are some of the easiest datasheets to understand. They read like basic introductory textbooks. The Sure Tripath boards are easier to get started with than the MP7720 boards since it takes less work to get sounding good. Unfortunately, Sure does not supply a schematic for the MP7720 as they do with the Tripath boards.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.