MPP

Frans and i are working on the current conveyor input stage for the balanced Paradise.
We got the peaking away ( this it not a big deal because it is over 10MHz ) and distortion is really low. Frans bootstrap is really cool. It balances the current also in both legs better.
So far distortion comes out at a bit more then -120dB, only second for the single ended case. Parallel symmetric-balanced there should virtually be no distortion because that suppresses the second. I am excited.

I think this circuit will work. For clarity i took out the cascodes over the J-Fets.
What is cool is that the input signal of the cartridge is driven from both sides to both inputs of the OPA1632. In common source and over the source followers in common gate.
I think we are set. We can use the Vd input of the OPA1632 as servo.
I will show you how that works soon. It has to be a common mode servo.

Attachments

• Masterpiece first draft.jpg
    Masterpiece first draft.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 245
Just a quick comment after having looked at the datasheet for the differential OP AMP.
It looks great distortion wise, the only thing is that, at least for a phono, the noise floor is 1.3nV/sqrHz.
Can we look for something even lower noise?
Do you think it exists?

I will look for as well.

The input stage with the Infet super Fet defines the noise.
Say the output resistors of the first stage are 300 Ohm.
The Opa1632 has around 75 Ohm noise impedance so you see that the noise contribution of this chip is minimal IN THIS CIRCUIT.
To use the OPA1632 as the sole input stage, that is another story.

agree with what you are saying.
I have been looking for other options but that looks absolutely the best so far!