MPP

Hi Quick one before I get ready for flight to Venice.

Yes got R2 Boards
The noise is hiss, white noise.
There is no hum boards are realy good even with open box and fluereshent tube inches awayor moving things around there is none whatsoever the board design is absolutley brilant.

As Albert say it is strange and I think it's My fault seting up V at tp1 tp2
I have both a 25 25 Trafo and 30 30 trafo with 25 X 1.471 and diodedrops I got around 35 + - going in to the boards.

Once again I can change the V at the TP1 and TP2 (+17.5 - 17.5 at present) with the 2 k pots WHAT shuld it be set at please?

I am going to try to take it up to + - 25 at TP1 TP2

On regards to ofset I got 1.36 mV I tried the mod and it fit nice and easy on botom of boards.
It can be set to nothink and desapear with small loading resistor.
I like the space and the 2 set of pads round the imput pins Ideal for small caps and load resistor as needed by MC

Do not change the voltage above 18V on the R2 board. The 17.5V for the R2 board is just fine.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
The 5.1V will work, but given the high input voltage I would prefer something higher. The 5.1V is the minimum value to be used; it just allows the CCS to work properly. The voltage at TP202 should be the same as at TP203 minus Vbe(Q202). The next thing to do is check the value of R203 and replace Q201 and Q202.

Thank you Frans... I will work on that tonight :)

Yes, but not the bigger resistors that program the current sources ( 10 Ohm ) and the ones that supply in input stage ( 120 Ohm ). Those have to be 2W minimum. I use Metal Oxide from Reichelt, other like Frans prefer Metal Film because of lower voltage coefficient, hence lower noise. It does not make an audible difference though. The impedances are just too low.

Thank you Joachim.

Maybe the malfunctioning shunt is responsible for the absence of sound... strangely the shunts output the correct +-24V but maybe there is not enough current.

Good that you have found the problem, as the output voltage was 24V this problem should not have any problems (other than sub-optimal regulation). P.s. Be shure to check the driver transistor.