MPP

Hello Frans,
it was a pleasure to meet you @ FF.
But you disappeared so quick.......
About mounting Torque.
Are you sure a tiny little M3 screwed in a Aluminium-
cooler will be able to withstand this load ?
In my little experience i'm not as sure.

Sorry,
i've had to read before i speak. :rolleyes:

And here is an calculator Bolt Ultimate Strength Calculator

12.9 (alloy steel, quenched and tempered with a minimum UTS of 1220 MPa) or,

8.8 (carbon steel quenched and tempered or carbon steel with additions of boron or chromium or manganese, quenched and tempered) with a minimum UTS of 800 MPa (up to 16 mm diameter - the figures used in the calculations, although above 16 mm diameter 830 MPa UTS can be assumed).

Bolt diameter: 3
Thread pitch: .5
Bolt grade: 12.9

Answer (Bolt ultimate strength in N): 6137

Last edited:
FricklFest, Not a 'drink'-free zone :)

Just received my second paradise boards and am now preparing to source the components.

I found the BC327 and 337 in Conrad.ch from Diotec semiconductor... Does anyone know if these are ok ?

Hi Frans.. do you still have some of these you could spare ?

The Diotec versions (that I have) are very good, I can recommend them. And I do not have 'spares' left, sorry. Maybe you should organize a little group bye (as I did) and get them for about 1.5 Euro cents (1000 pcs) at BC327-40TAPE DIOTEC | SOS electronic

FrickelFest, worth the drive.

Here they are, my boards :) 2.5mm 140uCu 300holes

Attachments

• IMG_5620_pub.jpg
    IMG_5620_pub.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 473
Last edited:
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Just received my second paradise boards and am now preparing to source the components.

I found the BC327 and 337 in Conrad.ch from Diotec semiconductor... Does anyone know if these are ok ?

Hi Frans.. do you still have some of these you could spare ?

That's what I used in my first build, so I can confirm they are good ;-)
My rev2 boards have Fairchild on there. Works just as good. Don't think there is a large difference.....