MPP

A socket is OK for the servo. The way Michael implemented it, it is not direct in the signal path. D.Self recommends sockets in general. Makes repair more easy and you can experiment with various options. When Holger and Christian visited me i played them a stage that had 16 Opamps on sockets. That does not prove that this is not audible but the difference is not night and day in my experience. Make sure you use good ones with gold plated precision contacts. I have customers that even prefer sockets to be more flexible.

The servo works by injecting currents in the lower and upper parts of the circuit, the current running in the mirror legs is app 12 mA, and the current-adjustments injected by the servo is in the uA range, because of the high DC gain in the mirrors (not in signal circuit). so it does not pull the circuit off-balance.

The servo is also extremely isolated from the circuit...and frankly it's a bit of a marvel. Firstly it operates only below 0.5 Hz, and then it's shielded and isolated behind high impedance mirrors. thus reducing signal bleed to.....(very very little)

Yep!
And we build the Lighthouse Turntable on the coast of Rio.
A weight that is in a controlled mechanism pulled down to the coast ( a few hundred meters) and spins a platter and we listen to brazilian Samba whilst building it ( life musicians there!) and to our records in the lighthouse when the Samba players need a rest

Holger if you also have a plan C - we work on the lighthouse mechanism...
and again
IceCream
Currywurst
and
DRINKS!!!!

we are on a mission to sell refrigerators to the eskimos

Somebody (mate of yours?) already doing that and will get realy upset if you even think about it.

IMO Apart from jokes I think you are doing a realy good job especialy if you consider that newbies like me are realy interested in this tread and most of all
I do not feel like I am going to get my head bitten off at the smalest chance.

As Riccardo sayd earlier on it is an honor to be here