Most unusual baffle shape?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello, sorry for jumping in here. I am trying to get in touch with andy g. I joined this forum just a few minutes ago and it will not give me access to email anyone yet.

about 6ish years ago I built a set of andy's "tapered quarter wave pipes". I have just now gotten around to finishing them. I am simply trying to get andy's email address so that I can send him pics of the finished speakers.

thank you and again I am sorry for jumping in here.

jeramoo said:
hello, sorry for jumping in here. I am trying to get in touch with andy g. I joined this forum just a few minutes ago and it will not give me access to email anyone yet.

about 6ish years ago I built a set of andy's "tapered quarter wave pipes". I have just now gotten around to finishing them. I am simply trying to get andy's email address so that I can send him pics of the finished speakers.

thank you and again I am sorry for jumping in here.

Don't we get to see them, too?

Why not start a thread to show them off?

Moondog55 said:
Andy have we seen the "Morks" yet????

Here is a progress pic (very slow)

These are the sats, 5" Peerless + Vifa D25NC tweeter, they will go on an elegant turned stand of some sort.

The system will actually be a 2.1 system, with a bigger "egg" holding the 12" Vifa M30 (which I have just one of for some reason, hence the 2.1 ;-) )

The egg will also hold the bass amp and a small stereo chip amp, with inputs and volume control built in.

Finish ? probably aiming at a lite pearlly blue colour.. maybe.

Attachments

• mork.jpg
    mork.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 228
I too have experimented with many shapes. Awhile ago I read an article about the JBL Aquarius, I think that was the model. There were four iterations of it. One of them was a sort of a waveguide - open baffle, very shallow on the mids. The story said it was made from a wooden tray and it had five carlson slot type cuts in a pentagon formation. they were apparently quite pleased with the way it performed. I think each slot was a different width and depth as well, giving very random shapes.

If the baffle you came up with worked well with bass why not keep it like that and put the rest of the speakers on another baffle above it?
jamikl

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.