Most Greedy Boy, of them all... or (there is no) DEFiSIT of Papa's Koans

Hi lhquam,

I do not know how to tell about the stability, but yesterday it was turned on for straight 3 hours or more. For total 45W dissipation per side, the temperature was high but it was reasonable (how do I know?) for the heat sink size. I was afraid of blowing up the 2SK82 and I touched the heatsinks from time to time. So I have peace in my mind. With no bias the current stops and this is good I think.

@sorento
Thanks, but no way you can follow me because it is almost dead end :p :p
I have nothing to tell more than the pics. But people here are nice to help you I think.

@sorento
Thanks, but no way you can follow me because it is almost dead end :p :p
I have nothing to tell more than the pics. But people here are nice to help you I think.
maybe I expressed myself badly :eek: ..... I followed you but also everyone else with interest.
However, I admired your resourcefulness and it seems to me that you did very well

maybe I expressed myself badly :eek: ..... I followed you but also everyone else with interest.
However, I admired your resourcefulness and it seems to me that you did very well

Hi sorento,

Do you have 2Sk82 KE-33? I used this one and they worked fine for two channels. I also replaced IRFPO9240 from a bag and they worked as it is with the same Source resistors. Not perfect, but works as.. imagined. :)

I also have some 2SK180 and when you find some solution with this please share the results. :)

Attachments

• KakaoTalk_20180729_185756083.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20180729_185756083.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:
try taking the output from other source , choose what you like more

Mighty ZM, I connected the output cap to other Source(alligator clip of course).
I was a little surprised at the very first note.

FET Source - I feel slightly more gain, a little more power, and a touch more feel of the high-frequency cymbal.
SIT Source - There is a little more sweetness and calmness. (to me at least..)

I like this variation, :D:D somewhat like UL - pentode connection of tube amp.
I would definitely put a switch for this - I am a mere changeable person!

Thank you for this tip! :wave2:

Calm down. You want to listen for a bit. There is a change of phase of Second harmonic distortion.:)

OK.. I am listening through the favorite tunes now.:)
After this kind of honeymoon, I think I can get a better picture of this sound.
You cannot fool the long hours listening.

But what a pleasant honeymoon this is. I am more inclined to single ended sound, tube or not, but this DEFiSIT is different from anything I experienced.

Respect to the one who created and shared this! :worship:

@Antoinel the second suggestion is similar to the one I found in your DEF thread.
This resistor network from gate stopper to output works really, but I cannot use your complete suggestion because you have a cap.
I cannot use a cap because the auto former gives the biasing voltage to the semiconductors.
Using a cap in this place would stop the biasing voltage.

Hi generg. Thank you for your post. I have a practical DEF amp [Old Faithful]. It now uses my suggested schematic which I posted earlier in this thread. It works great. It is stable and sounds superb. I'll post it in the [Pass] DEF thread. DEF and DEFiSIT amps may benefit from its approach.

Best
Anton

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
new arrivals - THF51-S , from watanabe.....-san

first batch of six , for buddy No.1

later expecting in a month or so to get the second batch of six , for buddy No.2

probably another day needed for finishing tidying up of my workshop , then slowly on testing them ....... first solo , then on T-Bed , in circuit

Attachments

• WP_20180731_10_49_26_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180731_10_49_26_Pro.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 366
  • WP_20180731_10_49_46_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180731_10_49_46_Pro.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 338
new arrivals - THF51-S , from watanabe.....-san

first batch of six , for buddy No.1

later expecting in a month or so to get the second batch of six , for buddy No.2

probably another day needed for finishing tidying up of my workshop , then slowly on testing them ....... first solo , then on T-Bed , in circuit

Mighty Man.. I following you again. :xfingers::xfingers:

Today I checked my friend's 2SK82 KE-33 and confirmed that it's possible again with IRFP9240. :) 0.6 ohms Source resistor for both channels, up to 1.65A, Vds 16V, 29V supply.

But I want to hear that THF51 in DEFiSIT someday, in higher voltage and current! I also sent some THF51s and others to a gentleman in Germany for his fun..

Last edited: