Gerd was right about degenerating the IRFP9240. This looks a lot better:

Attachments

• DEFiSIT-OSonly-2-asc-waves-fft-Rs-250m.jpg
    DEFiSIT-OSonly-2-asc-waves-fft-Rs-250m.jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 324
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
How does the actual sound compare at the different positions?

why should I try something which is so obviously worse in simulations ?

worse means - pretty much same THD spectra , but worse in level

as you pretty well know , one must have specific level of trust in simulations , not just based on general verity of simulations itself , but also in ability of operator* and , no less important, comparison of sim results with comparable constructions already confirmed in vivo

*which is , in case of Mighty ZM , always questionable :rofl:

Last edited:
I do not understand the technical contents at all, so I cannot do anything about it. :):)

I thought that I can make the circuit from infant idea look more like the real one. Until I am given some easy-to-build circuit this is all I can think of.

By the way, I replaced the big FET from follower circuit with THF51-S and it is much better to my ears. (my only measurement tool..) It just raised my expectation about DEFiSIT. Maybe I should just buy SIT-3.

Attachments

• DE SIT.jpg
    DE SIT.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
buy SIT-3 , that good bothfor Papa and for you

that way your measurement equipment will get pretty good reference ..... and you can proceed with fun , building

:)

your cute back-of -napkin schematic is practically same as my SUFI-SIT amp , few posts up (#443) ..........

try to introduce same source resistors and output arrangement , re-bias , then listen

editedit: hope you did heavy filtering in your bias voltage resistance network , to tame ripple coming from negative rail

Last edited:
I already did order SIT-3. But my order was not firmy acknowledged.
I do appreciate the real one I had F1 F2 F7. I built Zen SOZ...

Are you there bad Papa? Put me on the order list so that build and compare and have fun...:mad:
I even changed my speakers to Altec after reading some review on Positive Feedback.:(

Yeh, that would be nice, with sufficient volume for the woofers. Valencia and Flamenco..these cabinets just do not have enough volume for those 15" woofer I think.
Maybe someday, a MLTL with 604 coaxial unit. For now, I am trying to get to know this Valencia. :)

I saw your circuit #443, I do not understand the role of D1 D2 D3, how you bias upper SIT and low FET, not to mention the function of optocoupler.

Without U3, it is still functional I think, then how you get the bias voltage, why those D1 D2 D3 are back to back? :confused:

Last edited:
I took some time to wire these and tried. 2SJ28 and IRFP150N giving the voltage below, Vgs 4.19V @1.5A 24V.

But I do not know what the heaven these mean... It looks usable to me, with capacitors before and after the circuit. :confused:

Maybe I will wire another channel and see how it sounds.

Attachments

• 2018-07-24 18.51.27_3.jpg
    2018-07-24 18.51.27_3.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_0518.JPG
    IMG_0518.JPG
    443.1 KB · Views: 267