Most efficient topology when only enclosure volume is considered

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You have asked for "best" driver with four parameters:
1)Tapped horn use.
2)Particular net box size (of undefined size).
3)Particular bandwidth (of undefined range and frequency deviation).
4)Particular low frequency cutoff (without a defined frequency).

Additional "best" parameters could (and IMO should) include efficiency, sensitivity, distortion, and output potential.

To decide what is "best" requires placing a weighting value on each of the parameters, as well as defining each parameter.

The "best" could be nearly an infinite range of drivers (real or imaginary), dependent on the weighting of the parameters.

Art

I think you misunderstood where I was coming from. Let me try saying it another way.

At the moment, there is at least one spreadsheet available where you can input a driver's t/s parameters and the output is a suggestion for a TH alignment.

I think it might be interesting if the opposite was available - i.e. a spreadsheet where you input the parameters of a TH alignment, and it outputs the a suggestion for the t/s parameters for the optimum driver for that alignment. Basically doing the reverse of what the first spreadsheet did. These can then be used to source the closest match for the job.

At the moment, there is at least one spreadsheet available where you can input a driver's t/s parameters and the output is a suggestion for a TH alignment.

I think it might be interesting if the opposite was available - i.e. a spreadsheet where you input the parameters of a TH alignment, and it outputs the a suggestion for the t/s parameters for the optimum driver for that alignment. Basically doing the reverse of what the first spreadsheet did. These can then be used to source the closest match for the job.
If you are suggesting that the spreadsheet's suggestion for a TH alignment is "best", then all you have to do is source the driver that provides the alignment closest to what is the closest match for the job.

Doing it the opposite way will result in t/s parameters for an unobtainable optimum driver.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.