most boring sports

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
...mmmh
I don't know hoe it's called in english, but you know that sport that consist in throwing away some little dards to a scoreboard divided by sectors?

You have to stay away some feet and then trying to throw the dard in the centre of the scoreboard....
maybe it's funny to try, but a mortal boring to view :)

bye,

Faber said:
...mmmh
I don't know hoe it's called in english, but you know that sport that consist in throwing away some little dards to a scoreboard divided by sectors?
bye,

Well let's see...

It doesn't sound like bocce, so it must be Darts:D

Actually, I just thought of one. I was going to stay away from this topic but here goes:

Fishing

I wonder what a different sport fishing would be if the fish could scream.;)

Cal

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
For most of it's existence, baseball was a game that lasted an hour and a half.

Though it had it's boring patches, the exciting parts were real exciting, and hence there was a reasonable balance.

Now, with no more action than before, the average baseball game lasts 3 1/4 hours-more than twice as long as it used to.

Sometimes they show old baseball games from the eighties on TV, and glancing at them, I cannot help but notice how much more quickly the pace went than today.

Over three hours to play nine innings. Excruciating.

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
Hoiwever, there is an even more insanely boring sport than the modern day version of baseball.

Yacht racing.

After much hoopla, I decided to tune into the America's Cup one year, and saw two sailboats leisurely navigating the ocean. This was the exciting America's Cup the newspapers were writing about. Egad.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.