MOSFET/BJT QUASI AMPLIFIER WITH PROTECT!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Zeck pcb layout

Attachments

• ZECK MON.JPG
    ZECK MON.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 1,408
Apex,
I like your output stage, I have used mosfets to drive full comp. bipolar stage with good results, Some thing that needs to be explored more.'
Jam

Apex,

I think the main idea of the circuit is to EXTEND the power of LMOSFET output. The sound character/quality is of course cannot be better than the output from the FET's source. When sound quality has to be compromised by price consideration, it is difficult to comment. But for this topology, I'm interested in a "normal" power, with sound quality being paid more attention.

(1) First job I think is to choose the MOSFET: The toshiba, LFET, VFET
(2) Source follower or drain follower

I'm interested in a paralleled IRF610/9610 (200V/3A device) in drain follower configuration. I haven't seen it, but don't know why it has not been tried? Matching issue?

And I'm more interested in LMOSFET output stage driven by the above IRFs.

Well, that is if I can design an amp hehe :D

No, it is not "Current Dumping" amp, but it is kind of "Current Dumping". This exact circuit is not used, but this and similar arrangement of output devices is used. I myself used more complex arrangement: single ended class A driving speaker through resistor and degraded emitter followers and source followers in parallel. I.e. 3'step approximation: class A, then degraded class C using BJTs, then toothcrushing class C MOSFETs.

No, it is not "Current Dumping" amp, but it is kind of "Current Dumping". This exact circuit is not used, but this and similar arrangement of output devices is used. I myself used more complex arrangement: single ended class A driving speaker through resistor and degraded emitter followers and source followers in parallel. I.e. 3'step approximation: class A, then degraded class C using BJTs, then toothcrushing class C MOSFETs.

Can You share your schematic?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.