MOSFET Amplifier IRFP240/IRFP9240

It depends on how long it is switched on for and if the case has openings for airflow.

I used a similar setup in a pc case and after a couple of hours of high power I couldn't bear my hand on the pc case. So I fitted a couple of fans and it was fine after that.

Well, if he's gonna listen only reggae and stays away from techno, then fans are no needed.

/me joking ;)

If you want to reduce distorsion significantly, you could add another set of transistors identical to Q8, Q9 connected to R11 in the same way Q8 and Q9 are connected to R10. The collector of the "new" Q9 connected to ground. The emitter of "new" Q8 connected to the old Q8.

And the same for the negative side. This way, the VAS is configured as a differential amp and is very likely to produce severly improved linearity. I will try this in my own amp soon, but the sims show very promising results.

:)
Mile, what do you think about this? Reducing distorsions significantly? I'm not completely understand what can I add? Sta mislis o ovome? Svidja mi se ono o drasticnom smanjivanju izoblicenja, ali mi nije bas jasno sta treba da dodam?

Mile, what do you think about this? Reducing distorsions significantly? I'm not completely understand what can I add? Sta mislis o ovome? Svidja mi se ono o drasticnom smanjivanju izoblicenja, ali mi nije bas jasno sta treba da dodam?

This is old forgotten design, many improvement is possible but I don't want get back to redesign HV23, I want keep it simple. If someone want to upgrade this amp please just go ahead.
Regards

Redrawing mistake. 2N5551 and 2N5401 wrong notification, corect on this schematics. 2SC2383 replaced with MJE340, 2SA1013 replaced with MJE350 in newer version both are OK. 2SB861 and 2SD1138 in VAS can be used too.

Hello apex,

but if you use 2sa1013, 2sc4793, 2sa970, 2sa1837, 2sc2240, as indicate in the first electric scheme HV23, I have problems?....:xfingers:

HV23 ampli

Hello apexaudio,

I have found that these differences between electric circuit and pcb, on the wiring diagram, R20 is 100R and 82R PCB layout? R49 on schematic dielectric is 10K1W, PCB is 1W6K8? and diode 1N4007, 1N4004 PCB is it? Using the values ​​shown on the schematic diagram?
thanks

Use any of this values.

hi,

Use only the values ​​indicated on the schematic diagram?

apex_m10.jpg

hi,

Use only the values ​​indicated on the schematic diagram?

apex_m10.jpg

i did HV23 by the schematics and it works all right. the thing you should take care is to match its input transistors (all PNP and NPN) as close as possible to get small dc-offset on the output, AND PAY CLOSE ATTENTION to a transistor pin-out,those BC6xx and BC3xx have a diferent pin-out.

i did HV23 by the schematics and it works all right. the thing you should take care is to match its input transistors (all PNP and NPN) as close as possible to get small dc-offset on the output, AND PAY CLOSE ATTENTION to a transistor pin-out,those BC6xx and BC3xx have a diferent pin-out.

Thank you,
I'm building as indicated on the electrical schematic, with the same values. You who have already built, how to be sound?

sam_9310.jpg