Mosfet A40

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Jacco:

Yes, I am starting to rethink this - what is more "painful" - an incomplete parts list and 10 pages, or 600+ pages (of which I only dug into about 40) with better documentation...

Hmmm.....

Still considering the A40. Of course, now Mike has muddied the waters further by throwing out the "A40 II". Sheesh, by the time I get ANYTHING done, that too will be obsolete.

Seems you guys have LOTS of free time on your hands to create these new, improved amps! Wish I was as intelligent.

Chris

Methuen Organ hall

Close to flooding

Attachments

• 1147803017_7928.jpg
    1147803017_7928.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 541
Looks nasty, Mike

Allan,
would you believe i dug holes around our house to check how the foundation looks like ?
My audio mess is on the 3d floor, it took me hours to get a former Philips Lab working station up there. (has an integrated separation transformer, variac, lights, two 120VA soldering transformers, 24 mains plugs, and other bells and whistles)
The shed i do the metal work and car stuff in has a 750 square feet attic. I keep loads of paperwork i collected on amps over the years up there, DIY stuff i don't use anymore but can't get myself to dispose of, and stuff like bulk heatsinks that don't fit my meditation room. (i'm a pathetic hamster)

If you look up my adress in Rockanje on the map you'll see i live like 200 feet behind the dunes. Our garden has been fitted with a drainage system, otherwise our entire garden would be a swimmingpool. 100 yards further is swamp territory.
I've been brainsexing with the idea of putting a 100 feet alloy motorvessel hull behind the house in a couple of years from now and doing the installation and finishing work myself (when i have more spare time and if i can get our neighbor to sell me 500 sqft or more of her lot that is) Would you believe the US Navy offered 130 feet alloy former hydrofoil gunboats, made by Boeing, for $40K the piece a couple a years ago. That would also be a great idea to keep my amp section floating in case.

The sea is behind the tree tops (i hope to finish the 3 floor section this summer)

Attachments

• home12.jpg
    home12.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 549
I'm the guy with the tattoos and piercings watching the hootas on the nudy beach 2 miles up the coastline.
Maybe twice a year, i spend much time on the rooftop building the funny looking thing on the picture. I'm great with heights, as a kid i used to climb churches for fun. On the pic i posted it looks like our shepard dog is in love with my compressor hose reel.

Here's one who got into the Boeing deal i mentioned, now trying to collect :
www.boatquest.com/Power/Boeing/Category/Length/18334/Feet/USD/1/boats.aspx
At the bow and 4/5d down the waterline is where the retractable hydrofoils used to be. This one has been lengthened by 20 feet, looks like parts of the old hydrofoils were used for the superstructure. This thing even has original airplane seats in the "cockpit".

Update

I went back to the A-40 and have some updates from the master JAM.
The amp was sounding a little on the bright side and needed a warmer mid-range and a little more bass.
I have sent a couple of boards out and you may want to try these changes.
R18, R19, R25 to 2.7 ohms
R30 to 62 ohms
R31 to 10k

I hope this helps.
:smash:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.