More info & pics of FirstWatt F3 PowerJFet on Sixmoons

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greg Erskine said:
Thanks lineup for the vote of confidence. :xeye:
regards

You did not notice 'clown face' in my post
to tell my intention: :clown:

Have you ever experienced you told a joke and person took it serious?
I guess you know about that ....

If we cant tease and joke a little with eachother, this is not a forum for me.
A laugh and a smile sometimes will give us some air and perspective
in the middle of these serious and deadly important matters we discuss.

This time I'm serious and really mean what I say!
:mail:

I wish I had the opportunity to listen to a FirstWatt F3.
Truth is, I have never seen or heard any Nelson Pass amplifier.
But I am sure I would enjoy it, just as many others do
:)

Joined 2002
Paid Member
lineup said:
You did not notice 'clown face' in my post
to tell my intention: :clown:
If we cant tease and joke a little with eacho ther, this is not a forum for me. A laugh and a smile sometimes will give us some air and perspective in the middle of these serious and deadly important matters we discuss.

I wish I had the opportunity to listen to a FirstWatt F3.
Truth is, I have never seen or heard any Nelson Pass amplifier.
But I am sure I would enjoy it, just as many others do
:)

And I thought you were calling me a clown....:D

Seriously, jokes and teasing are good...I have trouble being serious.

Although I haven't seen or heard any Pass products, I just love reading about them in this forum. Been doing that for many, many years now. ;)

lineup, why don't you turn on email?

My apologies everyone for still being off topic.

regards

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steenoe said:
Thats a great review by Srajan Ebaen:) I hope his ears resemble mine:D I cant wait to build a J-fet amp;) If it sounds that good, I am done, DIY'ing:D :D (like I would believe that myself ;) ) Thanks for the hint, Zygibajt:) Congrats Nelson.

Steen:cool:

then you can use rest of your life in learning "how to make one good output xformer for my tube (pre)amp" .......

hehe:clown:

Question for those of you who are more knowledgeable about these things than I am:

By looking at the physical insides of the F3, can you tell if it's a similar circuit to the F2? Or is it significantly different?

In the F2 discussion it was revealed that the F2 circuit could be built on the original Zen amplifier board. I'm very interested in building the F2, but since the F3 came out, I'd rather use the board for that if it's possible.

I realize Mr. Pass hasn't released the schematics for the F3 and may not anytime soon but if the circuit can work on the Zen board, it may be a good opportunity for me to study the pictures with eye to deciphering the circuit. It's not my specialty, though, so any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
KT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.