More engineering humor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Jennice said:
Star882,

I know jokes aren't to be explained, but I think it's becaue of the way guys think. (or what they think with, according to some women. ;) )

Personally, I understand the joke as follows: The "recreational area" is about 10 cm below where a belt would hold the pants.
The toxic waste system is because most pee from there. :cannotbe:

Jennice
So it's satire about perverts who want to look there?
Still don't get why they would obsess over some holes, though...

star882 said:

So it's satire about perverts who want to look there?
Still don't get why they would obsess over some holes, though...

Ok, Lets try again...
It's nothing about perverts. The reference to the recreational area is to the body parts people (most, anyway) use during intercourse.

I, for one, don't think of these body parts only for reproduction, but also for fun (with my girlfriend). Think of sex as a recreational activity. (Probably the most far-out description I've typed yet :D )

The toxic waste system doesn't only refer to the hole at the end of the spine (the end opposite the brain, if you're in doubt :clown: ). It's also a reference to the body parts used for urinating.

It's all another way of wondering, why body parts for intercourse are so closely combined with parts for urinating. It's that simple, really.

There's nothing pervert style about all this, and I don't think it deserves further explanation. :xeye:

Bubba, an aircraft maintenance engineer, was bragging to his boss one day. "You know, I know everyone there is to know. Just name Someone, Anyone and I know them."
Tired of his boasting, his boss called his bluff, "Okay, Bubba, how about Tom Cruise"?
"Sure, yes, Tom and I are old friends and I can prove it."
So, Bubba and his boss fly out to Hollywood and knock on Tom Cruise's door and sure enough, Tom Cruise, shouts, "Bubba ! Great to see You! You and your friend come right in and join me for lunch!"
Although impressed, Bubba's boss is still skeptical. After they leave Cruise's house, he tells Bubba that he thinks Bubba's knowing Cruise was just lucky.
"No, no, just name anyone else," Bubba says.
"President Bush," his Boss quickly retorts.
Yep", Bubba says, "I know him, let's fly out to Washington."
So, off they go. At the White House, Bush spots Bubba on the tour and motions him and his boss over, saying, "Bubba, what a surprise. I was just on my way to a meeting, but you and your friend come on in and let's have a cup of coffee first and catch up."
Well, the boss is very shaken by now, but still not totally convinced.
After they leave the White House grounds, he expresses his doubts to Bubba, who again implores him to name anyone else.
The new Pope," his boss replies.
"Sure!" says Bubba. "I've known the Pope a long time."
So, off they fly to Rome.
Bubba and his boss are assembled with the masses in Vatican Square when Bubba says, this will never work. I can't catch the Pope's eye among all these people. Tell you what, I know all the guards, so let me just go upstairs and I'll come out on the balcony with the Pope."
He disappears into the crowd headed toward St. Peter's.
Sure enough, half an hour later, Bubba emerges with the Pope on the balcony. But by the time Bubba returns, he finds that his Boss has had a heart attack and is surrounded by paramedics.
Working his way to his boss' side, Bubba asks him, "What happened"?
His boss looks up and says, "I was doing fine until you and The Pope came out on the balcony and the Japanese tourist next to me asked, "Who's that on the balcony with Bubba"?

Jennice said:

Ok, Lets try again...
It's nothing about perverts. The reference to the recreational area is to the body parts people (most, anyway) use during intercourse.

I, for one, don't think of these body parts only for reproduction, but also for fun (with my girlfriend). Think of sex as a recreational activity. (Probably the most far-out description I've typed yet :D )

The toxic waste system doesn't only refer to the hole at the end of the spine (the end opposite the brain, if you're in doubt :clown: ). It's also a reference to the body parts used for urinating.

It's all another way of wondering, why body parts for intercourse are so closely combined with parts for urinating. It's that simple, really.

There's nothing pervert style about all this, and I don't think it deserves further explanation. :xeye:
I get it now but isn't the joke technically incorrect? The reproductive "hole" is between two waste "holes", so that would be putting a recreational area in the middle of a waste handling system. Of course, all 3 "holes" are actually all waste holes most of the time.
The real question is: Who would design a recreational area that usually functions as a waste handling plant?

As for jokes:

Why are Antec thermal engineers dumb blondes?
They somehow think keeping the power supply components just below their rated maximum temperatures is a good thing!

Why is gasoline called "gas" when it's a liquid?

Why is a Britney CPU considered hot when it's actually colder than ice (refrigerated) in operation and a common DSP chip considered cool running when it is often too hot to touch in operation?

Why do TV channels start at 2, normal counting at 1, and computer counting at 0?

What do you get when you cross a UNIX system administrator, electrical engineer, refrigeration engineer, and model?
See left.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
star882 said:
What do you get when you cross a UNIX system administrator, electrical engineer, refrigeration engineer, and model?
See left.

I don't get it :clown:

A young engineer was leaving the office at 6 p.m. when he found the CEO standing in front of a shredder with a piece of paper in his hand.

"Listen," said the CEO, "this is important, and my secretary has left. Can you make this thing work?"

"Certainly," said the young engineer. He turned the machine on, inserted the paper, and pressed the start button.

"Excellent, excellent!" said the CEO as his paper disappeared inside the machine. "I just need one copy."

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
An architect, an artist and an engineer were discussing whether it was better to spend time with the wife or a mistress.

The architect said he enjoyed time with his wife, building a solid foundation for and enduring relationship.

The artist said he enjoyed time with his mistress, because of the passion and mystery he found there.

The engineer said, "I like both."

"Both?"

Engineer: "Yeah. If you have a wife and a mistress, they will each assume you are spending time with the other woman, and you can go to the lab and get some work done."

Gee Guys!?

Star822, why do I get the impression that some oaks just cannot cop that there are female engineers??

A real event, if somewhat long:

When I worked for the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), we occasionally had visitors, with whom you do not try to be wise, or else :dead: (The boss was a huge Ph.D with a commanding moustache and a member of Mensa).

So when he came into the lab one morning with an Ashley Judd double, we were on our best behaviour, explaining in our best lay language what this wire and that was there for. (I sort of wondered about her smile ... but she was perhaps just .... nice).

That afternoon we were called to the lecture hall for a meeting with the visiting Assistant-Head of the (then) Rhodesian Broadcasting Company. We sat down and the boss entered - and introduced us with a barely concealed smile to the guest-of-honour - "Ashley-Judd-double", M.Sc Eng, Cum Laude (electronics). She was the Assistant Head!

What almost happened to the boss afterwards is censored. :smash:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.