• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

more ebay stuff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
final shot.

cheers:D

Attachments

• mvc-600f.jpg
    mvc-600f.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 577
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
I'd say you got a reasonable deal on those amplifiers; not a bargain, but reasonable. You might find that they sound better with glass tubes rather than metal tubes for those valves early in the chain. As I'm a hooligan, I'd rip out all those horrible controls, but you might want to keep the amplifiers original.

im new to 807s tubes or high power amps i did some testes on them.

am i reading this righ 750volts on the plate?

if so holly cow:bigeyes:

so it is a true 225watt amp

750volt on the plate per tube. the output would be 112watts
per tube 2 tubes per amp make around 225watt?

whats the maximum on this tube?

u where right on saying remove the pots and those steel tubes sounds way better. kinda sounds like single ended verry nice

thanks;)

and i replaced the cords, just need to do the wood work and maybe add a meter for voltage or bios in place of the steel
tubes.

Attachments

• mvc-625f.jpg
    mvc-625f.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 401
but this was kind of a deal picked it up for $25 for the parts the digital volume was dead. i was going to take it apart but before i did that i wanted to see if i could bypass the digtal volume and add a pot guese what it worked lol:D i going to add the pot to the front and remove the old one. will make a nice sterio for the office ;)

Attachments

• mvc-096s.jpg
    mvc-096s.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 126
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.