Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

@Kent

Yes, indeed the Pi is (normally) powered by the DAC. My power supply is a low-noise linear regulator capable of 5A (at 9 Volts). The regulator on the DAC that that brings it down to 5V for the Pi is capable of delivering 2A, according to the specs. I'm not sure how much current the SSD draws, but it can't be a whole lot since it always worked without a glitch in the same setup running Moode 2.6. The Bluetooth mentioned in the system info must have been a mistake caused by the faulty install. I was running it on a Pi B+ without BT or Wifi hardware.
And by the way, the non-responsive thing also happened with no disk attached and the Pi powered by the official R-Pi wall-wart. I have now changed it with a Pi3 (with BT, Wifi and HDMI turned off) and everything seems to be OK. I'll make a backup of the sd card and after that try it in the old B+ just to see what happens, but first it's time for some music!

Tnx, A

Sounds decent to me. Glad you now have a working Rpi3B moOde installation.

I don't know what to say about your older RPi. One obvious difference compared to the RPi2B and RPi3B is the RPi 1 Model B+ uses an armv6 cpu but so does the new RPi Zero. Curious.

Maybe you should do what I did and donate any older RPis to local schools:cool:

Regards,
Kent

I have a strange issue. My Raspberry Pi touchscreen has lost sensitivity in a few parts of the screen. The key part which is not working is the part of the Moode menu which is Refresh and Restart.

It is a bit frustrating as the display often boots up to an incorrect display with part solid white so I need to select Refresh from the menu to get the display working.

I am back to Beta 12 again in the meantime as the menu is longer so the Refresh and Restart options can be selected.

Anyone had this issue and fixed it, or does it mean I need a new display?

I have a strange issue. My Raspberry Pi touchscreen has lost sensitivity in a few parts of the screen. The key part which is not working is the part of the Moode menu which is Refresh and Restart.

It is a bit frustrating as the display often boots up to an incorrect display with part solid white so I need to select Refresh from the menu to get the display working.

I am back to Beta 12 again in the meantime as the menu is longer so the Refresh and Restart options can be selected.

Anyone had this issue and fixed it, or does it mean I need a new display?
Sounds like it's a hardware failure if only some parts do not work.

Hi @terasain,

Its a good thought for sure. What would you like to see in the vacant space?

-Tim

If you can bring the source to the first pane of the playback screen and the play list to the second pane. Then we can select and add to the playlist without moving between tabs. This will also minimize the UI to two tabs. Library and the proposed one. Not sure if it will make the source + playlist tab pretty busy. I am guessing people add to playlist two ways

1) From the library tab. This will be mostly people with well tagged libraries.
2) From the source tab. This will be people with not so well tagged libraries for whom the library tag might not be so useful or people who toggle between radio/local files frequently.

Moode audio 4.0 playing good now with another 5 volt power supply.
Yesterday I did a lot of measuring and the conclusion was the teddy pardo 5 volt power supply.
Yesterday evening I make a simple power supply (see picture) and it plays the whole night till now.
In 1 picture I show my cabinet with my power supply's for shigaclone cd transport and DDDAC1543MK2 24 dac.
This dac I use for testing streaming audio.

Thanks all for the information.
Here I make a video with my phone and put it on YouTube sorry for the bad audio quality.
YouTube
YouTube

Regards,
Rudy

Attachments

• 20171206_204530-1280x720.jpg
    20171206_204530-1280x720.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 287
  • 20180216_192504-800x450.jpg
    20180216_192504-800x450.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 281
  • 20180302_160747-800x450.jpg
    20180302_160747-800x450.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 275
  • 20171218_202607-576x1024.jpg
    20171218_202607-576x1024.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
hi,

my config is:
Raspberry pi3 + xd4000 interface with DAC ES9018 + SSD 120Go with my music .

When i configure the wifi and save, all is ok and right.

When i reboot , wifi don't connect and only ethernet is ok.

I add "auto wlan0" to /etc/network/interfaces and it works at next reboot.

If I reconfigure wifi with the interface Moode, when i reboot it's not ok for the wifi.

sincerely,

Philoup

Yesterday I did a lot of measuring and the conclusion was the teddy pardo 5 volt power supply.
Yesterday evening I make a simple power supply (see picture) and it plays the whole night till now.
In 1 picture I show my cabinet with my power supply's for shigaclone cd transport and DDDAC1543MK2 24 dac.

Here I make a video with my phone and put it on YouTube sorry for the bad audio quality.
YouTube
YouTube

Regards,
Rudy

Hi Rudy,

Thats some great DIY audio. DD's NOS dacs are really cool. And thats a serious rig you've got there. Needs a bump to a 60" flat panel tho, lol.

Who makes the speaks?
Those big amps look like Rowlands?

You prolly have this DK album as well. Just piano, vocals and guitar, and a superbly engineered recording. Its like you're right there in the room with the two of them.

-Tim

Attachments

• moode-r41-dk.png
    moode-r41-dk.png
    435.7 KB · Views: 276
Nice design choice Tim. Would you think the desktop version would benefit from a linear track progress bar rather than circular one. If you can move that under the album art similar to the mobile version, you can technically utilize that screen estate for something else. Just a thought.

Something like this. Under the logo, you have only the playing song information. In the middle you have the radio station info. That said, I am not sure removing the volume circle thus removing those symmetrical circles is a good thing. I like symmetry.

Remy

Attachments

• moode4.jpg
    moode4.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 141
Hi Rudy,

Thats some great DIY audio. DD's NOS dacs are really cool. And thats a serious rig you've got there. Needs a bump to a 60" flat panel tho, lol.

Who makes the speaks?
Those big amps look like Rowlands?

You prolly have this DK album as well. Just piano, vocals and guitar, and a superbly engineered recording. Its like you're right there in the room with the two of them.

-Tim

Hi Tim,

The most audio equipment I build myself, speakers /preamplifier /cd transport /power amplifier with a lot of help with people from audio forums.
Here information about my power amplifier:
Dx Blame MKIII-Hx Eindversterker. Douglas Self, "inspired audio designs"

On my YouTube channel more equipment.

Regards,
Rudy

Attachments

• 20180303_170048-1024x576.jpg
    20180303_170048-1024x576.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 134
  • 20180303_170356-1024x576.jpg
    20180303_170356-1024x576.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 120
Hi, got a second moode running on rpi3 with original 7" touch screen. On top of the pi is a "hifiberry amp2" on 19V. By selecting DAC+ it started working. What a lot of power from such little set-up!
Now a question: if I select music on the touch screen it plays but I hear a rumble/noise on low level. If I use squeezebox or airplay as an input the sound is clear.
Any idee what to change to get rid of the noise?
I tried to increase buffer but no effect.

YouTube
YouTube

Regards,
Rudy

Hi, Rudy. Glad to hear it worked out. And thanks for the pix. You do very nice work!

Regards,
Kent

Hi, got a second moode running on rpi3 with original 7" touch screen. On top of the pi is a "hifiberry amp2" on 19V. By selecting DAC+ it started working. What a lot of power from such little set-up!
Now a question: if I select music on the touch screen it plays but I hear a rumble/noise on low level. If I use squeezebox or airplay as an input the sound is clear.
Any idee what to change to get rid of the noise?
I tried to increase buffer but no effect.

Do u have MPD volume set to Software or Hardware?

Yes, using the single-card method via ethernet if possible.

I tried it earlier today until what apperared to be the end of the build and it stopped screen went black and did nothing for over 30 minutes. I powered off and on the pi and eventually got back to blank screen and nothing. I am formatting the sd and going back through again to see if I missed something. What did you mean by using single card method. I am using ethernet.

Last edited: