Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Hi,
I'm totally agree with Phil on this case... no need to touch the swap, and i think, in certain case (with DSD, localUI and other options in same time), you can need more memory...
Why touch the swap file and not configure it (size and usability)
for the percent of use, like Phil wrote, just change this parameter (or create it) inside /etc/sysctl.conf
for the size of the swap file you can refer to this :
Increase size of existing swap file - Raspberry Pi Forums

Regards

Hi HeeBoo,

A quick run of "free -h" on a few of my Pis including the one thats attached to Pi Touchscreen:

Headless: ~ 60 - 80M used
PiTouch: ~ 140 - 160M used

I was playing DSD128 on one of the Pi3's and 83M used.

I just don't see a case yet for having a swap file.

-Tim

Hi HeeBoo,

A quick run of "free -h" on a few of my Pis including the one thats attached to Pi Touchscreen:

-Tim

In which case, have a small one to help with the build on low memory kit and disable it at the end of the build.

It's always possible that users install other stuff on their moode players which ups the runtime memory usage, even if only temporarily.

Phil

Hi HeeBoo,

-Tim

Ok,
I don't want argue about this, so for the installation process, you can put this step at the end, maybe this can help the process.
But also i don't understand why suppress it when we just can deactivate it.
Like Phil wrote, if we need it, it's not easy to step backward.

Cheers

I got my install working last night and it was working fine, for a while. However whilst updating sources it crashed and then became non-functional. It now just boots up to either no display or a garbled display.

I backed up the image after I built it so I will flash it back to a microsd card again tonight and see if it is a persistent issue. Otherwise I will try building it again.

I tried my old backup several times tonight and every time I set up the local display Moode becomes unusable. Prior to enabling local display it is working fine.

I therefore built a brand new version of Moode and I get the same result with it crashing on boot.

Not sure what the problem is but it is too late tonight to keep going. Will try again tomorrow.

In which case, have a small one to help with the build on low memory kit and disable it at the end of the build.

It's always possible that users install other stuff on their moode players which ups the runtime memory usage, even if only temporarily.

Phil

Ok,
I don't want argue about this, so for the installation process, you can put this step at the end, maybe this can help the process.
But also i don't understand why suppress it when we just can deactivate it.
Like Phil wrote, if we need it, it's not easy to step backward.

Cheers

Good points. I'll run a few builds with the swap feature left on and see how things look.

-Tim

I tried my old backup several times tonight and every time I set up the local display Moode becomes unusable. Prior to enabling local display it is working fine.

I therefore built a brand new version of Moode and I get the same result with it crashing on boot.

Not sure what the problem is but it is too late tonight to keep going. Will try again tomorrow.

Hi,

Did you verify that the build completed successfully?

Post the output from the mosbrief command.

-Tim

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I completed the 4.0 build. Went fine except I was thinking it was like the beta and would write to the external card reader. No problem it works fine.

As for the sound quality, in my system 3.8.4 with RT kernel still sounds a bit better lower noise floor and better ambience. My two cents,

Thanks,

I have successfully installed the latest moode 4.0 build.
In trying to mount my synology ds415+ NAS via NFS, I get:
'mount.nfs: requested NFS version or transport protocol is not supported'

I have tried adding vers=4 to the mount options but that throws a mount error.
DiskStation Manager - Knowledge Base | Synology Inc.

I've unchecked the 'enable NFSv4 support' (in NAS NFS setup), but hit the same problem. The shared folder (not encrypted) has been configured for moode r/w access, squash (map users to admin | no mapping - I tried both), asynch, security=sys.

moodelog tail:
20180202 193321 worker: Job sourcecfg
20180202 193321 wrk_sourcemount(): Mount error: (mount.nfs: requested NFS version or transport protocol is not supported)

Any help appreciated!

Installation

Hello Tim,
I just 4.0 installed and everything went through perfectly.
I also included my Cirrus Logic Audio Card right now.
And it works fine too.
Now I have to hear something first.

ciao
Theo

Hi Theo,

bin neu im Thema Raspberry und hab momentan Volumio laufen.
Würde gerne Moode ausprobieren, weiß aber nicht wie ich die aktuelle Version installiert bekomme. Vielleicht kannst du mir ja helfen?!?

Gruß
André

I FINALLY got MoOde installed and everything seems to be working perfectly.

I did the install over ethernet.

Now, my corcern:

I now want to move my Pi+Moode into another room in the house that does not have ethernet. Using Moode UI - I went to Network Setting and updated the SSID + Password. Now, its asking me to reboot before these settings take place.

I'm about to reboot, but how will I know what my IP address is going to be once I reboot? I have a monitor plugged in with the Pi - is that going to show me the IP address?

Additionally, when I unplug the Pi to move it into another room, can I just simply unplug and plug it in the other room - in other words, am I supposed to follow some shutdown protocol so as not to negatively impact the Moode+Pi?

Last edited:
I have successfully installed the latest moode 4.0 build.
In trying to mount my synology ds415+ NAS via NFS, I get:
'mount.nfs: requested NFS version or transport protocol is not supported'

I have tried adding vers=4 to the mount options but that throws a mount error.
DiskStation Manager - Knowledge Base | Synology Inc.

I've unchecked the 'enable NFSv4 support' (in NAS NFS setup), but hit the same problem. The shared folder (not encrypted) has been configured for moode r/w access, squash (map users to admin | no mapping - I tried both), asynch, security=sys.

moodelog tail:
20180202 193321 worker: Job sourcecfg
20180202 193321 wrk_sourcemount(): Mount error: (mount.nfs: requested NFS version or transport protocol is not supported)

Any help appreciated!

I have installed 4.0 via the the two step process described on MoOdeaudio.org support. I had no issue mounting music folder on my Synology DS415play. Since we have nearly identical gear if you want to send me a PM would be happy to see if I can help.

I FINALLY got MoOde installed and everything seems to be working perfectly.

I did the install over ethernet.

Now, my corcern:

I now want to move my Pi+Moode into another room in the house that does not have ethernet. Using Moode UI - I went to Network Setting and updated the SSID + Password. Now, its asking me to reboot before these settings take place.

I'm about to reboot, but how will I know what my IP address is going to be once I reboot? I have a monitor plugged in with the Pi - is that going to show me the IP address?

Additionally, when I unplug the Pi to move it into another room, can I just simply unplug and plug it in the other room - in other words, am I supposed to follow some shutdown protocol so as not to negatively impact the Moode+Pi?

Hi,

It's always preferable to use shutdown from the Menu.

-Tim