Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

hello everybody,

i need help to install MoOde4,

on the last part of process i have this message:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

if i try to connect on the MoOde IP address:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

i failed something but i don't know why :eek:

thank you,
Did

Last edited:
Help with installing Moode 4

Code:
[  535.552237] usb 1-1.4: new high-speed USB device number 5 using dwc_otg
[  535.783031] usb 1-1.4: New USB device found, idVendor=0781, idProduct=b6ba
[  535.783044] usb 1-1.4: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[  535.783052] usb 1-1.4: Product: USB3.0 Card Reader
[  535.783060] usb 1-1.4: Manufacturer: SanDisk
[  535.783068] usb 1-1.4: SerialNumber: 41222001417
[  535.796649] usb-storage 1-1.4:1.0: USB Mass Storage device detected
[  535.797050] scsi host0: usb-storage 1-1.4:1.0
[  536.819651] scsi 0:0:0:0: Direct-Access     SanDisk  uSD SDDR-289     1.00 PQ: 0 ANSI: 0 CCS
[  536.820926] sd 0:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg0 type 0
[  538.161634] scsi 0:0:0:1: Direct-Access     SanDisk  MS SDDR-289      1.00 PQ: 0 ANSI: 0 CCS
[  538.162931] sd 0:0:0:1: Attached scsi generic sg1 type 0
[  538.184728] scsi 0:0:0:2: Direct-Access     SanDisk  SD SDDR-289      1.00 PQ: 0 ANSI: 0 CCS
[  538.186021] sd 0:0:0:2: Attached scsi generic sg2 type 0
[  538.187148] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] 15523840 512-byte logical blocks: (7.95 GB/7.40 GiB)
[  538.209384] scsi 0:0:0:3: Direct-Access     SanDisk  CF SDDR-289      1.00 PQ: 0 ANSI: 0 CCS
[  538.210743] sd 0:0:0:3: Attached scsi generic sg3 type 0
[  538.212973] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Write Protect is off
[  538.212998] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Mode Sense: 03 00 00 00
[  538.226539] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] No Caching mode page found
[  538.226558] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Assuming drive cache: write through
[  538.271813] sd 0:0:0:1: [sdb] Attached SCSI removable disk
[  538.310532] sd 0:0:0:3: [sdd] Attached SCSI removable disk
[  538.335001]  sda:
[  538.337440] sd 0:0:0:2: [sdc] Attached SCSI removable disk
[  538.345478] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI removable disk
[  830.936218] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] 15523840 512-byte logical blocks: (7.95 GB/7.40 GiB)
[  830.941086]  sda:
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo ./mosbuild.sh
**  Moode OS Image Builder v1.0
**  Welcome to the automated process for creating the wonderful
**  custom Linux OS that runs moOde audio player.
**  You will need a Raspberry Pi running Raspbian with SSH
**  enabled, at least 2.5GB free space on the boot SDCard and
**  a spare USB or USB-SDCard drive that the new OS will be
**  written to during the build process.
**  Be sure to backup the SDCard used to boot your Pi

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//
// STEP 1 - Download Raspbian Lite and create a new, base image
//
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

** Check free disk space
** Do you have a backup of your boot SDCard (y/n)? y
** Unplug all USB storage devices from the Pi
** Are all USB storage devices unplugged (y/n)? y
** Plug in target USB drive for the new OS
** Is target USB drive plugged in (y/n)? y
** Error: Unable to find USB drive
** Image build cancelled
pi@raspberrypi:~ $

Hi,
@spoke: can you send the result of this command please :

Code:
tail -15 ~/mosbuild.log

but i recommend to restart from the beginning... maybe a connexion error.

@otherside:
don't plug any micro SDcard in the external drive before this question :
Code:
** Is target USB drive plugged in (y/n)?
then plugin the new micro SD Card and answer "y"

Good luck

Hi,
@spoke: can you send the result of this command please :

Code:
tail -15 ~/mosbuild.log

but i recommend to restart from the beginning... maybe a connexion error.

@otherside:
don't plug any micro SDcard in the external drive before this question :
Code:
** Is target USB drive plugged in (y/n)?
then plugin the new micro SD Card and answer "y"

Good luck

good advice, HeeBoo, i restart from the beginning and that's better

regards,
Did

Menu Configure / Audio ... Scroll Back ... you will find Bluetooth Speaker and Speaker Sharing and under theses Configure Bluetooth and Restart Bluetooth :D

First enable with setting on Bluetooth Speaker and don’t forget to set it, then go to configure Bluetooth

Thanks,
i had to rebuild moode with my BT dongle attached and it works :)
now i have to figure out if i stream A2DP quality... i really don't know!
is there a command to get info on bluetooth protocol used?

Hi@all,

I managed to install 4b12 on a new SD-Card. On my old 3.8.4-version my wife created some playlists. How can I save (or move) them to be used in 4b12?

TIA and have a good start in 2018 :)

I had to do it once in the past. Under linux OS on PC or raspbian on the RPI, open the SD card containing your 3.8.4 version, search for .pls files. There is a directory containing all your playlists files.

Remy

4.0Beta12

All,

First of all, happy new year!

I tried to install 4.0Beta12 with build recipe v2.2 but I am stuck at "STEP 8 - Install moOde sources and configs"
It all went well until the last command sudo reboot
After reboot, my Ethernet is turn off, wifi off, hdmi off and I cannot do anything to my Raspberry Pi 3 B

Can someone help?

Thanks

Hi and a Happy New Year to you.

After rebooting maybe a couple of times you convinced it is not going to communicate?

What are you using Ethernet or Wi-Fi?
I haven't got the build directly in front of me , but I seem to remember a warning about not switching of Ethernet if that was your only method of connection. Just go over the last steps you did, did you configure any Ethernet or Wi-Fi settings. As it is midway through a build I doubt that you did, but please verify.

If you are happy with what you have done and it will not communicate on your network, check it hasn't been assigned another IP address under DHCP and if it cannot be seen, I believe it might be time to start again.

Others will see your post and I am sure you will have some other input shortly.
Good luck it is worth persevering with this.

All,

First of all, happy new year!

I tried to install 4.0Beta12 with build recipe v2.2 but I am stuck at "STEP 8 - Install moOde sources and configs"
It all went well until the last command sudo reboot
After reboot, my Ethernet is turn off, wifi off, hdmi off and I cannot do anything to my Raspberry Pi 3 B

Can someone help?

Thanks

My fault! I forgot to plugin the power adapter of my switch thus no Ethernet after step 8. All is fine and works great! I wonder why it took longer if use image builder script? It only took me around 40 minutes if I copy and paste via ssh.
Anyway, thank you Tim for the great Moode Audio!

Access to MinimServer

Hi! I have just installed and set up MinimServer on my Raspberry Pi which is running MoOde 4.0 Beta 12. UPnP renderer is activated in the MoOde settings, but I have no idea how I can access the the MinimServer on the MoOde player. I also have a Plex DLNA server active in the network and it doesn’t show up either. The Kinsky app on the iPhone finds both the Plex DLNA server and the MinimServer, but the MoOde player doesn’t show up as a player here.
Any ideas what to do?

Hi! I have just installed and set up MinimServer on my Raspberry Pi which is running MoOde 4.0 Beta 12. UPnP renderer is activated in the MoOde settings, but I have no idea how I can access the the MinimServer on the MoOde player. I also have a Plex DLNA server active in the network and it doesn’t show up either. The Kinsky app on the iPhone finds both the Plex DLNA server and the MinimServer, but the MoOde player doesn’t show up as a player here.
Any ideas what to do?

Additional info: The UPNP folder (/mnt/UPNP) exists, but it doesn’t show up in the Browse section in the Moode interface.
NAS, RADIO, SDCARD and Default Playlist are there, but that’s it.

Any ideas what to do?

@JimSalabim

Browsing UPnP servers and selecting tracks is the function of the UPnP control point (here, your Kinsky app). In turn, it will direct a UPnP renderer (here, your moOde player) to play the selections. moOde Player does not have a UPnP control point capability so neither the MinimServer nor the Plex DLNA server will "show up" in it.

The fact that your MinimServer shows up in your Kinsky app shows you're half-way to your goal. If you have enabled the UPnP Renderer function in your moOde player with the default name, it should show up as "Moode UPNP" in a list of available renderers in the Kinsky app. If you don't see it, then you need to do some troubleshooting. I don't have an iPhone or any other Apple gear so won't try to advise.

I am running a copy of MinimServer on my laptop (hostname T520) and the BubbleUPnP app as the UPnP control point on my Android phone. The BubbleUPnP app shows "Moode UPNP" in its list of local renderers and shows "MinimServer[T520]", "Moode UPNP-mediaserver", and "Moode DLNA" among the local and cloud libraries it can access.

Which brings me to a question: why run MinimServer on your moOde Player when moOde already can be a UPnP media server?

Regards,
Kent

PS - just tried installing the Kinsky Android app on my phone but it fails to start.

Last edited:
I searched the thread but didn't see this. I just installed MoOde 4B12 without too many issues. After scanning the source (single 1TB USB HDD) when I Browse many directories they contain additional "song files" with the format ._* (screen shot Dropbox - Screenshot 2018-01-01 22.03.28.png). Under some iOS viewers like MPAD, Soundirok & MPDeluxe the albums show up twice. The web interface does not nor does M.A.L.P for Android. Not all titles are affected. Any ideas? Thanks

The fact that your MinimServer shows up in your Kinsky app shows you're half-way to your goal. If you have enabled the UPnP Renderer function in your moOde player with the default name, it should show up as "Moode UPNP" in a list of available renderers in the Kinsky app. If you don't see it, then you need to do some troubleshooting. I don't have an iPhone or any other Apple gear so won't try to advise.

@TheOldPresbyope, thanks! I have now redone all installation steps for UPnP that are described in the Moode build_recipe_v2.2 via SSH.
Now the "Moode UPNP" appears in the Kinsky app (and as well in the newer Linn Kazoo app). I still have some trouble playing tracks ("Failed to add tracks to DS") most of the time, but perhaps I can figure that out. Perhaps restarting the whole network system, including Synology NAS and router, helps. We’ll see.

Which brings me to a question: why run MinimServer on your moOde Player when moOde already can be a UPnP media server?

The reason is: I have have four music folders, one for classical music, one for popular music, one for audiobooks, and one for my wife’s collection. So in moOde it only makes sense to navigate in folder view, otherwise the four collections are mixed up – or is there any way to avoid this?
In MinimServer I can select a folder and select tag view within this folder. So I see only the music of the selected folder, but I can navigate with the tags, which is much more comfortable. I think this is only possible in MinimServer.

I still have some trouble playing tracks ("Failed to add tracks to DS") most of the time, but perhaps I can figure that out. Perhaps restarting the whole network system, including Synology NAS and router, helps. We’ll see.

Well, it didn’t help. But I figured out that only m4a tracks are not supported. FLAC and MP3 work perfectly. Is this a moOde UPnP Problem or a Linn app (Kinsky and Kazoo) problem then?