Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

automation of build process

i am not any of expert of bash script but what do you say we use a step indicator to automate more?

pseude code is like

switch -e /tmp/step*
case step1
do something
rm /tmp/step1
touch /tmp/step2
reboot
default:
// first run
do something
touch /tmp/step1 #next step
reboot

Last edited:
Hi All
I'm having problems with the clock radio
If i set it it works fine the first time but after that it fails to come on the next morning

I noticed this in the system info
20171103 130104 worker: Ready
20171104 230556 worker: Job reloadclockradio
20171105 002804 watchdog: PHP restarted (fpm child limit 18 exceeded)
20171106 134210 worker: Job reloadclockradio
20171106 162054 watchdog: PHP restarted (fpm child limit 18 exceeded)
20171106 225856 watchdog: PHP restarted (fpm child limit 18 exceeded)
20171107 141146 watchdog: PHP restarted (fpm child limit 18 exceeded)
20171107 175404 watchdog: PHP restarted (fpm child limit 18 exceeded)
20171109 052416 watchdog: PHP restarted (fpm child limit 18 exceeded)

is this my problem and what can i do about it ?
Moode 3.84, piano2.1 dac, standard install with raspotify added

lx

quick bump for this just incase you missed it

Moode 3.1 runs great on a RPi3 B. I am not sure where you will get any later version images for download. At the moment if you want Moode 4 beta you need to build your own image. It sounds daunting but the last build recipe makes it very easy. You just need to follow the steps exactly and type accurately.

Plus it is a good way to learn more about the RPi and how Raspbian works.

Awesome, thanks.

So, I tried the following:

- resetting my alsa configuration
- set the MPD buffer size slightly higher (9535)
- plugging my in ears to the USB audio interface
- connecting an unpowered USB hub to the Pi

Bottom line: The glitches still occur.

This is my mpd.conf output:

audio_output {
type "alsa"
name "ALSA default"
device "hw:1,0"
dsd_usb "no"
}

Now I think I am onto something. I connected my mobile DAC to the Raspberry Pi and voila! no glitches. So if I am not mistaken from this follows that the issue is either

1) the connection/power supply of the audio interface or
2) the way the Pi feeds the audio interface

The glitches occur especially when changing the software volume and in the beginning and end of a track. I tested both lossy and lossless files streamed through the LAN port. This makes me think issue 2) is more likely.

I would appreciate if someone gave me advice where I could find the culprit.

Hi,

Just a heads up that there is a bug in networking setup when trying to roam between AP mode and WiFi SSID. It boils down to dhcpcd.conf not being reset during reboot/poweroff which results in AP mode 172.24.1.1 addr being assigned even though Pi can connect to WiFi SSID :-0

Bug fix being tested, and BIG thanks to Duncan for providing an excellent repro :)

-Tim

Hi Tim

Forgive my ignorance but I need some guidance regarding the Component 5 - Squeezelite install.

I have gone with Option A and run the following 2 lines

Code:
sudo cp ./rel-stretch/other/squeezelite/squeezelite-1.8.7-999-armv6l /usr/local/bin/squeezelite-armv6l
sudo cp ./rel-stretch/other/squeezelite/squeezelite-1.8.7-999-armv7l /usr/local/bin/squeezelite-armv7l
but when it comes to point3 I am unsure what to do. Do I commit some commands from STEP 9??

Code:
3. See STEP 9 main procedure 

#sudo chmod 0644 /lib/systemd/system/squeezelite-armv6l.service
#sudo chmod 0644 /lib/systemd/system/squeezelite-armv7l.service
#sudo systemctl disable squeezelite-armv6l
#sudo systemctl disable squeezelite-armv7l
I have just left it and moved on to installing Upmpdcli but I would like to comeplte the install correctly.

Many thanks for your help

Nick

Hi Tim

Forgive my ignorance but I need some guidance regarding the Component 5 - Squeezelite install.

I have gone with Option A and run the following 2 lines

Code:
sudo cp ./rel-stretch/other/squeezelite/squeezelite-1.8.7-999-armv6l /usr/local/bin/squeezelite-armv6l
sudo cp ./rel-stretch/other/squeezelite/squeezelite-1.8.7-999-armv7l /usr/local/bin/squeezelite-armv7l
but when it comes to point3 I am unsure what to do. Do I commit some commands from STEP 9??

Code:
3. See STEP 9 main procedure 

#sudo chmod 0644 /lib/systemd/system/squeezelite-armv6l.service
#sudo chmod 0644 /lib/systemd/system/squeezelite-armv7l.service
#sudo systemctl disable squeezelite-armv6l
#sudo systemctl disable squeezelite-armv7l
I have just left it and moved on to installing Upmpdcli but I would like to comeplte the install correctly.

Many thanks for your help

Nick

Hi Nick,

They are redundant with same lines in step 9 but I left them commented out in the squeezelite section for the sake of completeness.

-Tim

So, I tried the following:

- resetting my alsa configuration
- set the MPD buffer size slightly higher (9535)
- plugging my in ears to the USB audio interface
- connecting an unpowered USB hub to the Pi

Bottom line: The glitches still occur.

This is my mpd.conf output:

Now I think I am onto something. I connected my mobile DAC to the Raspberry Pi and voila! no glitches. So if I am not mistaken from this follows that the issue is either

1) the connection/power supply of the audio interface or
2) the way the Pi feeds the audio interface

The glitches occur especially when changing the software volume and in the beginning and end of a track. I tested both lossy and lossless files streamed through the LAN port. This makes me think issue 2) is more likely.

I would appreciate if someone gave me advice where I could find the culprit.

Hi,

Linux uses a single, universal device driver for USB audio. Its possible that its not compatible with the USB chipset used in your other DAC, especially if the chipset is a UAC2 chipset.

-Tim

Hi Tim,

the model is focusrite 2i2. I googled "focusrite 2i2 +uac2" and the lack of results suggests this is not a feature of my interface.

Since it is used by linux music producers, I doubt that there is an universal issue with the interface. My guess is that my raspberry pi can barely handle the interface (processing power or output bus power). The pi's usb ports seem to share the power supply with the LAN port which I am using.

I am running BubbleUPNP as a renderer for Tidal. Might this be an issue as it takes up too much processing power?

I noticed that my version of mo0de is beta 7. Would I be better off installing the most recent final build? If so, downloading "moode_r382..." gets me an error when trying to put it onto a sd card (using ETCHER on OS X).

Hi, I am new here and got Mood just set up the first time... by setting a NFS share I made probably something wrong... now the settings screen is not longer comming up - how to delte the share entry? where can I find the config for this unix-path?

boardy

Thanks Tim, I was able to fix the NAS issue, now I have a "no sound" issue,
I am runnung HifiBerry Digi +, no error messages, no signal... the hardware is working with another player... I have no optional stuff installed jet... how to proceed?

Boardy