Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi @Botte,

Any audio glitches when using Standard Linux kernel and TS scheduling policy?

-Tim

Hi Tim,

No glitches on Standard or LL Kernels, but they don't sound as good.

My buddy said I should think of it like listening to records. Sounds great but has some pops and ticks ;)

Oh and like I said in a past post it's not that bad on TS. It's very distracting on the RR and FIFO

Thanks,

Last edited:
Hi,

Just a bit more info on newly released Raspbian Stretch and Stretch-Lite.
Raspberry Pi gets a major OS update -- download Raspbian Stretch now!

One thing that caught my eye was that the BT stack apparently supports ALSA again, and if I recall from looking through the Stretch repo a while back there are new versions of ALSA and other audio components.

I'll post updates and screen shots after I complete a new build of moodeOS using Stretch-Lite :)

-Tim

Attachments

• Stretch.jpg
    Stretch.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 270
Hi @TwoSeventy,

I assume your DAC has its own physical volume control.

In this case set MPD Volume control to "disabled". This will automatically set ALSA volume to 0dB (100%) and it will remain at that setting unless you manually change it via Audio config, ALSA volume setting.

-Tim

Thanks for confirming this. My dac feeds my amplifier where I control the volume. Everything is working fine :)

Hi,

Just a bit more info on newly released Raspbian Stretch and Stretch-Lite.
Raspberry Pi gets a major OS update -- download Raspbian Stretch now!

One thing that caught my eye was that the BT stack apparently supports ALSA again, and if I recall from looking through the Stretch repo a while back there are new versions of ALSA and other audio components.

I'll post updates and screen shots after I complete a new build of moodeOS using Stretch-Lite :)

-Tim
Watch out for upmpdcli, not sure if jf has built stretch packages yet. May need to compile.

Cant save to playlist after updating

Good afternoon, I backed up my playlists before I did the last update to 3.7 and copied them back to the playlist folder after the update: Var/lib/mpd/playlists

When I try to save more songs to those playlists they don't seem to save/update the new songs.

Any thoughts?

Thank you
Charles

Hi Tim, Autoplay on start seems to be disabled on shutdown-restart.

The UI comes up blank in the playback tab but router activity shows the last playing webradio stream is restarted only there is no output.

If I select the play icon then the tab is populated and audio commences.
Audio also starts if I use the ir remote.

Seems I can reset autoplay by selecting it in the configuration page and it will survive reboots but once Moode is shut down and powered off then a cold start kills autoplay and blanks the playback tab.

Is there a file I can access over ssh to check if the autoplay setting is being cleared at boot ?

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 277
Good afternoon, I backed up my playlists before I did the last update to 3.7 and copied them back to the playlist folder after the update: Var/lib/mpd/playlists

When I try to save more songs to those playlists they don't seem to save/update the new songs.

Any thoughts?
Permissions and owner? Ssh into your Pi and try doing:

sudo chmod 644 /var/lib/mpd/playlists/*.m3u
sudo chown mpd:audio /var/lib/mpd/playlists/*.m3u

Further to Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

I can confirm that this is only a problem for webradio streams. Local files autostart fine. So it seems this is network related and as I recall I had a problem once before like this but on a PiB....

It was the os not waiting long enough for the eth0 check and was resolved by increasing the wait time.

I looked in worker.php for the line to change and think I've found it but it is different from the last instance... just checking then which value/s to increase...

(using Pi3, tried RR and LL and Std kernels, same for all. Running from usb not sd... so usb speed could be the bottleneck ? or maybe it's my network...)

Attachments

• Screenshot(1).jpg
    Screenshot(1).jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
I have two audio players made with Raspberry Pi.
1. Raspberry Pi 3 and PiDAC+
2. Raspberry Pi Zero + USB Hub + Usb sound card + TEW648UB WIFI usb adaptor
The first one runs curent with Volumio, second runs Pimusicbox
I tried to put and run Moodle on both players, did not work. Can you help me ?
On the first one, Moodle boot, i can configure, bud did not start playing