Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

In my earlier post I stated that WLan worked with my HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro. I was mistaken, it doesn't. I was using a Digi+ until 2 weeks ago when I swopped to the Digi+Pro. Previously Wlan worked (I checked by swopping back). I should point out that I normally use wired lan for preference. Only changes I made were to system and MPD settings for the I2S devices. Although with the Digi+Pro WiFi shows as 100% signal strength with it's usual ip address it is not accessible.
I therefore have to concur with Tim and Melmac that there is a problem, but it is related to the Digi+ Pro, not Moode. My Digi +Pro is latest generation, so oscillator interference is a plausible explanation.
Nevertheless with the wired lan the system works well and sounds great. Thanks again to Tim for all his work.

Is there a noticeable improvement with the Digi+ Pro ?

Is there a noticeable improvement with the Digi+ Pro ?
I've only had it installed or a coulple of weeks, but it does sound somewhat "cleaner" in the upper registers, particularly with the BBC 320k streams. I certainly think it's worth trying, but there are still issues with the WiFi for some reason. I'm not that concerned about WiFi as wired lan is convenient for this particular Pi's location. I also find from the previous use of the Digi+ that the wired connection is superior to WiFi in sound quality terms. Turning off the integral WiFi/bluetooth on the Pi3 also improves the sound quality.

Thanks Serverbaboon, I never ever use wireless to my audio and other mediaplayers.

I rather use an ESS 9018/9023 or AKM 4490/4495 DAC. It als would be nice if a display could be added for track info and cover art.

Could it work on an older first gen Raspberry Pi B?

Not sure on the older PI, Moode is designed as a Headless device if you want a display you will need to Google :)

There is a txt file that is updated with every track change and the ability to run a script when this occurs that you can use to update displays.

There are a couple of French guys who a run a company called Audiophonics that do some customized images with displays but is not something easily supported here.

To Tim and all...
I am quite new to the rpi/Moode/Linux world
Can you please tell me the commands I must give in order to have my HDDs connected to my Rpi3 spin down after some time of inactivity?
I have managed to do so with a friends help in Archlinux but unfortunatelly he can't help me with Debian!

Thank you in advance!!!!

To Tim and all...
I am quite new to the rpi/Moode/Linux world
Can you please tell me the commands I must give in order to have my HDDs connected to my Rpi3 spin down after some time of inactivity?
I have managed to do so with a friends help in Archlinux but unfortunatelly he can't help me with Debian!

Thank you in advance!!!!

The HDD connected to my RPi2 spins down anyway after a while, without me telling it. This is with an unaltered Moode 3.1 image.

No sound from moode on raspberry pi 3 B
I Installed the latest version of moode audio. I can access it through wifi and change the configuration. No matter what i do, i cant get any sound out. I can see it from lms and airplay, and signals are sent. But no sound, even the test tone in moode audio. Is ther something wrong with my configuration? I have attached some screenshots. Output is through USB to my USB preamp, wadia powerdac mini.

Thanks!
e5666381aa847614488a788680b1d637.jpg
74cacf3d979433fcec9317db1709a058.jpg
349d25e73913a824e1be0696dfe46caa.jpg
57bbe5e7c02047d0cd7111f4613e8ae5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@Alvinlim: have you tried to set the "USB (UAC2) fix"? you can find this in the System Configuration.

If that does not help you may have to tweak the startup parameters in the cmdline.txt manually. This file resides in /boot (*). If you have set the USB fix as I mentioned above this parameter is added to cmdline.txt: dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x3
In some cases the value of 0x3 may not be the right value. Depending on the USB device the value may be from 0x1 until 0xF (these are Hexadecimal values). Usually 0x1, 0x2, 0x3 or 0x8 will help with USB DAC problems. Change the value and reboot your system and check if you here sound. If not change to the next value, etc.

(*): changing this file can be done via a SSH or Putty-session when Moode is running or you can put the SD-card in a Windows-PC and edit the file with Notepad or equivalent editor.

Hi, I was just wondering if Moode sorts music using the AlbumArtist tag, rather than the Artist tag?

I have tried RuneAudio and Volumio and both are unusable in the Album or Artist view because they add entries using the track artist. Various artist compilations are the worst, but any albums that feature tracks that have other artists featuring are also a problem. Having that many entries makes the view very slow and impossible to use. Same for the artist view.

Hi,

1) Reboot then post output from the following cmds:
cat /var/www/moode.log
cat /etc/mpd.conf
aplay -l

2) What model USB DAC are u using?

-Tim

Tried the UAC fix - no sound.

Model - Wadia 151 Powerdac Mini

Output as requested:

J-Lite Core, armv7l Architecture
__ ____ ____
__ _ ___ ___ ___/ /__ / __ \/ __/
/ ' \/ _ \/ _ \/ _ / -_) /_/ /\ \
/_/_/_/\___/\___/\_,_/\__/\____/___/

moodeOS Version 1.1
dual-kernel
(C) 2016 Tim Curtis

moodeOS is based on Debian GNU/Linux and is custom
factored for Moode Audio Player. moodeOS and Moode
Audio Player are provided for free by the copyright
holders and contributors and come with no expressed
or implied warranties or any other guarantees.

Last login: Fri Feb 17 23:06:27 2017 from 10.0.1.14
pi@moode:~ $ cat /var/www/moode.log
cat: /var/www/moode.log: No such file or directory
pi@moode:~ $ cat /etc/mpd.conf
#########################################
# This file is automatically generated by
# the player MPD configuration page.
#########################################

follow_outside_symlinks "yes"
follow_inside_symlinks "yes"
db_file "/var/lib/mpd/tag_cache"
sticker_file "/var/lib/mpd/sticker.sql"