Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Okay, so switching the internal WiFi on the Pi to channel 10 worked. Thank you so much for that!

My next question is how can I import playlists to Moode? I can view playlists in the browse section, but I cannot actually play any of the playlists from my USB hard drive
Also, I figured out how to play an entire album, but can I play an entire genre or artist?

Have you updated the MPD database? The procedure is in the setup notes.

Okay, so switching the internal WiFi on the Pi to channel 10 worked. Thank you so much for that!

My next question is how can I import playlists to Moode? I can view playlists in the browse section, but I cannot actually play any of the playlists from my USB hard drive
Also, I figured out how to play an entire album, but can I play an entire genre or artist?

Hi,

Click on the cover art in the Library panel and a menu will appear. It enables playing whole genre, artist, album or even the entire collection.

There currently is no "Import playlists" function. Its somewhere on my TODO list but low priority so not likely to get much attention. You can manually copy playlist files via SSH though.

ssh pi@moode (pwd=raspberry)
sudo cp /media/usb_disk_lable/path_to_playlist_files /var/lib/mpd/playlists

Then open the Sources screen and update mpd db

-Tim

Tim,
What is the current delivery time for cases from moodeAudio.org?

Thanks much!
Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Btw, enjoy special pricing and low cost domestic shipping for moodeCase :)

-Tim

Attachments

• moodecase-r10-special-pricing.png
    moodecase-r10-special-pricing.png
    187.7 KB · Views: 276
Hi,

Click on the cover art in the Library panel and a menu will appear. It enables playing whole genre, artist, album or even the entire collection.

There currently is no "Import playlists" function. Its somewhere on my TODO list but low priority so not likely to get much attention. You can manually copy playlist files via SSH though.

ssh pi@moode (pwd=raspberry)
sudo cp /media/usb_disk_lable/path_to_playlist_files /var/lib/mpd/playlists

Then open the Sources screen and update mpd db

-Tim

Thank for you the reply.

By SSH, do you mean I need to connect a monitor and keyboard to type in those commands or is there another way to do it?

Side question: why can't I copy the playlist files directly to the Pi's microSD card? I put it in my computer, but not much shows up, and definitely not the directory I need to store the playlists in. It also gets formatted to around 60 mb. Why does writing the image to the microSD card do this and where are these directories hiding that I can't see them in Windows?

Thank for you the reply.

By SSH, do you mean I need to connect a monitor and keyboard to type in those commands or is there another way to do it?

Side question: why can't I copy the playlist files directly to the Pi's microSD card? I put it in my computer, but not much shows up, and definitely not the directory I need to store the playlists in. It also gets formatted to around 60 mb. Why does writing the image to the microSD card do this and where are these directories hiding that I can't see them in Windows?

Yes, there is another way - use SSH :) native on Mac/unix, on windows, other than 10, download puTTY.

Depending on what 'your computer' is... I suspect it's winblows, in which case it doesn't have the capability of mounting advanced unix disk systems :D

You could boot a Linux live cd/USB and see the whole OS, or install virtualbox and a linux appliance and just boot the vm whenever you need it.

My recommendation would be to dump that bunch of satans bytes and get a real OS o.0

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=45638

Last edited:
Yes, there is another way - use SSH :) native on Mac/unix, on windows, other than 10, download puTTY.

Depending on what 'your computer' is... I suspect it's winblows, in which case it doesn't have the capability of mounting advanced unix disk systems :D

Aw, shoot. Well the only computer I have access to is Windows 10. Are there other ways of mounting a unix disk system on Windows 10? Maybe running a virtual Linux image or an older Windows image?

Hi Tim
Really enjoying version 3.1 many thanks.

I did find 1 issue, player sounds great with standard kernel. I tried loading the advanced kernel and it sounded quite a bit different, a bit strange! I played a simple stereo and phase test track and both channels were playing the same content.
I have pi 2 with a hifiberry Didi+ board.

Note sure you've come across this one.....

Cheers Dave

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Anyone??? Is the advanced kernel something to pursue?

Cheers Dave

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Hello Tim. I have been following this thread for a long time and finally with some spare time on my hands set up a Pi 2 I had sitting here. I was running a mini Intel Atom pc with Windows 10 and foobar. This connected to a USB DAC from DIYINHK

This has been working well, but I was curious about MoodeAudio.

I am pleased I tried it. I know bits are supposed to be bits... but the Moode front end is a pleasing upgrade in sound quality. I'm very happy.

I'm using Vortexbox as a ripper / server on my network and after a little experimentation it was easy to connect to it. My config for reference is in the attached picture.

Attachments

• Moode Vortexbox.JPG
    Moode Vortexbox.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 264
Bash for Linux on Windows 10 is a nice neat feature working perfectly! It's a Linux bash (save for some minor missing commands) which allows SSH just as in any Linux machine.

You could give it a try.

Now that's cool! I've got windows, Mac and Linux pcs, but for everyday I always reach for the mac. Being able to bash on my W10 would save a lot of messing about. Thanks!

Aw, shoot. Well the only computer I have access to is Windows 10. Are there other ways of mounting a unix disk system on Windows 10? Maybe running a virtual Linux image or an older Windows image?

Bash for Linux on Windows 10 is a nice neat feature working perfectly! It's a Linux bash (save for some minor missing commands) which allows SSH just as in any Linux machine.

You could give it a try.

Full instructions: How to Install and Use the Linux Bash Shell on Windows 10

Audiophile radio links broken?

Hi - Happy New Year to all!

I think all the links for the Audiophile stations (Baroque, Classical, Rock-Blues etc) are broken or have been changed. Can anyone confirm? As with the previous post above - is there a "how to" available anywhere for how to fix? Regards Adrian

Hi....just a quick one ;)
I would like to add local radio station yammat fm under web stations (stream on line)
http://yammat.fm/]Yammat FM - Sve ?to trebate ?uti

can someone point me how to do that ?
Thanks

In the Browse tab /webradio menu/ click on the three dots at right and choose to add a new station.
Fill out the fields and use this address (copy and paste) for the stream

http://192.240.102.133:12430

save then return to Radio folder in Browse..right click on it and select 'update this folder'
Open radio again and search for your station by the name you gave it and then play.

Last edited:
In the Browse tab /webradio menu/ click on the three dots at right and choose to add a new station.
Fill out the fields and use this address (copy and paste) for the stream

http://192.240.102.133:12430

save then return to Radio folder in Browse..right click on it and select 'update this folder'
Open radio again and search for your station by the name you gave it and then play.

Thanks Drone, will try that ;)