Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

I have finally decided to upgrade my ver. 23 to 25, despite nothing I needed have changed to my knowledge.

I'm just having problems connecting to my NAS now and I know I'm using exactly the same path as I have been using the last half year (have pictures of alle old settings). Same IP to NAS and RPI2

My installation hangs a lot and nothing seems to help. I'm using NFS and have had no problems with that.

Last year I tried Runeaudio and have since then lived with the name in my browser, but despite now formatting the SD-card to moOde and clean new install, I'm still only able to use the name Runeaudio as path in my browser - How do I get rid of it ? I can't se how this is possible on a clean install and clearing my browser's settings.

Thanks

I'm also using NFS as samba have strange behavior with "too long names" and with some unicode characters. The library have some issue after that to be loaded.
I also experience some hang... generally during of after a database update.
I've found that a process "worker.php" is taking all the resources and this is blocking the web ui.

I connect in ssh or use rsh kill it and most of the time the web ui is operative after that.
// I use DHCP but i have fixed ip reservation for the wifi board MAC (very useful when i switch devices...)
// you can use killall or pkill to do not search for the pid..

I have finally decided to upgrade my ver. 23 to 25, despite nothing I needed have changed to my knowledge.

I'm just having problems connecting to my NAS now and I know I'm using exactly the same path as I have been using the last half year (have pictures of alle old settings). Same IP to NAS and RPI2

My installation hangs a lot and nothing seems to help. I'm using NFS and have had no problems with that.

Last year I tried Runeaudio and have since then lived with the name in my browser, but despite now formatting the SD-card to moOde and clean new install, I'm still only able to use the name Runeaudio as path in my browser - How do I get rid of it ? I can't se how this is possible on a clean install and clearing my browser's settings.

Thanks

Hi,

The symptoms suggest a network issue external to Moode software, especially if a host name other than "moode" resolves to ip address of actual moode host.

(1) Clear Browser cache AND history.
(2) Reboot Router.

-Tim

Hi,

The symptoms suggest a network issue external to Moode software, especially if a host name other than "moode" resolves to ip address of actual moode host.

(1) Clear Browser cache AND history.
(2) Reboot Router.

-Tim

Tanks for your answer Tim and great work. I found out just to use the IP for moode (static) which solved the problem with runeaudio ;)

As follow up to my upgrade to ver. 2.5 it has been a headache. I have used almost a day on it and almost decided going back to 2.3 which has worked flawlessly half a year. Generally the system has been in-responsive lots of time when trying to change configuration and I have had several reboots and forced shut down, before the system is working as normal (haven´t testet much yet). I have even checked all my flac-files for corruption.

I have been fearing for at long time, that adding all the features you want and people request, one day will end up in something nobody is able to see all the consequences of - hope I'm wrong :)

Now I have got the feature of just choose play - which is great, but I have also got funktion in the browser, that looking in af folder for a particular number and going back, sets me to the top of my folderlist - That's a little bad, because it take som time to go back to at folder in the bottom of my list - 2.3 didn't do that. Hint - have you seen how the adressbook is set up on an adroid phone ..

Also the graphic overlay that was in 2.3 is in 2.5 - it's not a big deal, and I can live with that - see pricture from ver. 2.5 in Chrome on IOS 9.x

Thanks

Attachments

• graphic overlay.jpg
    graphic overlay.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 275
Tanks for your answer Tim and great work. I found out just to use the IP for moode (static) which solved the problem with runeaudio ;)

As follow up to my upgrade to ver. 2.5 it has been a headache. I have used almost a day on it and almost decided going back to 2.3 which has worked flawlessly half a year. Generally the system has been in-responsive lots of time when trying to change configuration and I have had several reboots and forced shut down, before the system is working as normal (haven´t testet much yet). I have even checked all my flac-files for corruption.

I have been fearing for at long time, that adding all the features you want and people request, one day will end up in something nobody is able to see all the consequences of - hope I'm wrong :)

Now I have got the feature of just choose play - which is great, but I have also got funktion in the browser, that looking in af folder for a particular number and going back, sets me to the top of my folderlist - That's a little bad, because it take som time to go back to at folder in the bottom of my list - 2.3 didn't do that. Hint - have you seen how the adressbook is set up on an adroid phone ..

Also the graphic overlay that was in 2.3 is in 2.5 - it's not a big deal, and I can live with that - see pricture from ver. 2.5 in Chrome on IOS 9.x

Thanks

Hi Jorgen,

The symptoms you describe including unable to resolve host name and non responsive UI suggest a network configuration issue or corrupt sd card, both issues external to Moode software.

The reports I receive indicate Moode 2.5 has been a very successful release for users :) My dev environment has six Pi's, 3 Pi-1B and 3 Pi-2B connected via Eth and Wifi. I use OS X ElCap, IOS, Safari and no issues. I also test w/Chrome and IE on Windows, no issues.

To troubleshoot:

(1) run a ping test from Pi to Router or to some other host on the network and then examine the ping statistics for evidence of network issues including excessively long round trip times, packet loss, etc.

(2) determine why host name unable to be resolved to ip address

Regards,
Tim

I have a small number of albums in WMA format. They play fine, but the cover art does not display in the Playback tab. The cover is present in the same folder as the audio files as cover.jpg. I have tried removing the embedded cover art in each file and replacing it with an alternative cover using the Mp3tag program. This has made no difference.

Can anybody suggest a cause and/or solution?

Thanks.

Hi Jorgen,

The symptoms you describe including unable to resolve host name and non responsive UI suggest a network configuration issue or corrupt sd card, both issues external to Moode software.

The reports I receive indicate Moode 2.5 has been a very successful release for users :) My dev environment has six Pi's, 3 Pi-1B and 3 Pi-2B connected via Eth and Wifi. I use OS X ElCap, IOS, Safari and no issues. I also test w/Chrome and IE on Windows, no issues.

To troubleshoot:

(1) run a ping test from Pi to Router or to some other host on the network and then examine the ping statistics for evidence of network issues including excessively long round trip times, packet loss, etc.

(2) determine why host name unable to be resolved to ip address

Regards,
Tim
I am having very similar problems with 2.5 - I have posted a little earlier tonight about this - but as a newbie - it is still in moderator limbo. Is there a 2.3 image available somewhere? I would like to try it as the features I see on 2.5 are appealing - I just can't get them to respond!
Thanks
MG

Which option do I need to select to get my HiFime 9018 Asynchronous High resolution USB DAC to work?
Give a look to Player fixes on moodeaudio.org...

Audio glitches with certain USB High Speed (UAC2) audio devices. Cause: USB driver bug in Linux 3.18 and 4.1 kernels
Fix: Add dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x3 to the beginning of line in /boot/cmdline.txt

You can do it using SSH and nano from your device or directly from your computer directly on the µ-sdcard. (on windows it is the only visible partition)

Hi,

I have a question concerning the way Moode handles Airplay speaker arbitration. I have version 2.5 which locks the Airplay speaker until the device which is sending (or has selected the speaker) switches to another speaker. Only then can a second device (iphone, i-something) start using the speaker.

On Volumio for instance, the AP speaker can be overridden by a sending device. In my setup, I found this to be a more convenient.

Could it be possible to have an option to choose which arbitration method to use ?

Thank's !

Hi!
Your latest version 2.5 working great with my Iq-audio pi-dac+.

I use a synchronous multi-room audio player and it,s working very good.
I can stream to Android, Linux (Kodi) etc.
Maybe a future feature you can have if you want a multi room possibility without airplay.
Snapcast https://github.com/badaix/snapcast/tree/develop

Keep up your good working! :)
Thank's

Last edited:
Hi,

I have a question concerning the way Moode handles Airplay speaker arbitration. I have version 2.5 which locks the Airplay speaker until the device which is sending (or has selected the speaker) switches to another speaker. Only then can a second device (iphone, i-something) start using the speaker.

On Volumio for instance, the AP speaker can be overridden by a sending device. In my setup, I found this to be a more convenient.

Could it be possible to have an option to choose which arbitration method to use ?

Thank's !

Hi,

Moode uses shairport-sync which is non-interruptible. Refer to Mike Brady's Github for more information.

https://github.com/mikebrady/shairport-sync

"Non-Interruptible — Shairport Sync sends back a "busy" signal if it's already playing audio from another source, so other sources can't disrupt an existing Shairport Sync session. (If a source disappears without warning, the session automatically terminates after two minutes and the device becomes available again.)"

Regards,
Tim

Hi!
Your latest version 2.5 working great with my Iq-audio pi-dac+.

I use a synchronous multi-room audio player and it,s working very good.
I can stream to Android, Linux (Kodi) etc.
Maybe a future feature you can have if you want a multi room possibility without airplay.
Snapcast https://github.com/badaix/snapcast/tree/develop

Keep up your good working! :)
Thank's

Hi,

Glad to hear success! The IQaudIO Pi-DAC+ is a really nice board :)

Snapcast is pretty interesting, I just wish there were some way to allow MPD local playback simultaneous and sync'd with snap cast receivers. I would integrate it if this were possible.

-Tim

Give a look to Player fixes on moodeaudio.org...

Audio glitches with certain USB High Speed (UAC2) audio devices. Cause: USB driver bug in Linux 3.18 and 4.1 kernels
Fix: Add dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x3 to the beginning of line in /boot/cmdline.txt

You can do it using SSH and nano from your device or directly from your computer directly on the µ-sdcard. (on windows it is the only visible partition)

I didn't know which option to choose in the drop down list for dac.

Hi,

Moode uses shairport-sync which is non-interruptible. Refer to Mike Brady's Github for more information.

https://github.com/mikebrady/shairport-sync

"Non-Interruptible — Shairport Sync sends back a "busy" signal if it's already playing audio from another source, so other sources can't disrupt an existing Shairport Sync session. (If a source disappears without warning, the session automatically terminates after two minutes and the device becomes available again.)"

Regards,
Tim

Thank's for the quick reply. Great player :) and very easy to setup !!

All the best.
Ru

just a quick follow up.. some code to tamper with the busy signal..

edit . ooops the link on that page doesn't work... any idea what the command line command is ? thank's

edit2 . found the page here

http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https...airport-sync/blob/2.4/man/shairport-sync.html

so, it could be possible to have the option. Tim, do you think that would be possible to implement from within the Moode UI ?

Thanks
Ru
greetings

Last edited:
Wifi for Moode

I got Moode running on RPi-2B for 3 days now! It's marvelous! It stops sometimes(very rarely) for a second or two, but recovers automatically with no intervention.

Now I want to move to next step, which is to make it work over WiFi. I got wifi adapter (EW-7811Un), which works with Rasbian, but I don't know how to make it work with Moode. I added it to the setup through web interface, disconnected ethernet and rebooted RPi, but no luck.

Is there a guide which tells the steps to add WiFi?

thanks in advance.

I got Moode running on RPi-2B for 3 days now! It's marvelous! It stops sometimes(very rarely) for a second or two, but recovers automatically with no intervention.

Now I want to move to next step, which is to make it work over WiFi. I got wifi adapter (EW-7811Un), which works with Rasbian, but I don't know how to make it work with Moode. I added it to the setup through web interface, disconnected ethernet and rebooted RPi, but no luck.

Is there a guide which tells the steps to add WiFi?

thanks in advance.

http://moodeaudio.org/docs/readme.txt

Hi, I followed the instructions. The WiFi network is recognised but the dongle doesn't seem to activate (no led flashing).

Strange thing is that the dongle and the USB ports are getting quite warm. The dongle I'm using was known to work on my Pi under Volumio. I had 2x USB power on but turned it off thinking that might be the problem. But the ports are still getting warm :confused: and no WiFi.

edit: looks like dongle failure :eek::hypno2: it doesn't work on my other Pi either !! Maybe it didn't like the 2xUSB power:dunno:

Last edited: