Mono Class D amplifier capable of driving 250W into 16 Ohms at 100Hz

Hello,

I was thinking of getting the ICE Power 700AS1 https://shop.icepoweraudio.com/product/700as1/ as this comes with the power supply, but I'm not sure that can even do it. They quote 700W into 4 Ohms, 350W into 8 Ohms, or the 1200AS1, https://shop.icepoweraudio.com/product/1200as1 is probably a better fit, 1200W into 4 Ohms, 600W into 8Ohms.

These are getting quite expensive, so wondering if you know any alternatives? A bare PCB is fine, but I also need a power supply, either integrated or separate.

A bit about the application, I am building and testing core saturation and temperature rise in an inductor.

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
The application is always interesting to know... this must for sure be PA duty work - right?

So you need sometime really sturdy and rugged. I think the B&& ones are probably perfect.

Check for cooling - a slow running fan can make a lot of difference.

//

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
"An instrumentation amplifier (INA) is a very special type of differential input amplifier; its primary focus is to provide differential gain and high common-mode rejection."

Are guitar pic-ups differential? Whats the background for this requirement - just curious... :)

//

Thank you for checking! Yes please share when you can. I’m using it like an instrumentation amplifier, so it will be useful to know.
Please refer to below 100Hz test data-- Bridge output, 16ohm load
Red = output power curve;
Green = THD+N curve

1713701377101.png

Hi Eric,

Thanks so much for measuring that. It seems to be about 0.5% THD at 260W into 16 Ohms. Is the x-axis the RMS input voltage, which would be about 1.4V (guessing because logarithmic axis is hard to read).

I think this is good enough for my purposes, and definitely an improvement on what I have.

I see it is mains powered, what’s the recommended way of wiring that up, what connectors do I need to order and what comes with the unit?

If you refer to the 0.5% THD+N, the output power is close to 300W, at the input near with 1.7Vrms input :)

And yes, this amplifier module with universal PSU integrated, we'll provide the BAL/SE input buffer for free. You just need to wire these 3 connectors: AC input/signal in/ amplifier output,(and these mating cables are free of charge, too), then it will power up your system~

Thanks,
Eric