Modifying a tube tester into a curve tracer (oscilloscope X/Y outputs) ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've simulated Yves's circuit, discrete approach is very interesting, I was looking for it, but inable to figure it out. On the bad side, it's OK with data aquisition, but for scope view each step is generated on a different sweep, so refresh won't be good.

new ideas:

I found yesterday, a nice but yet simple sweep generator circuit for the scope's X (with blanking feature & tune functions). From QST "A spectrum analyser for the radio amateur" by W7ZOI & K7TAU.

Allways in the modular approach,
this sweep generator also provide (in addition of scope's X sweep) VCO control voltage, and it will be easy to add TTL sync output.
Why not use the original VCO CV (originaly it's a dual etherodyne RF SA) to pilot a VCF (voltage controled filter) & then get also a AF spectrum analyser ?

I'm not very familiar with filters, don't you know if a Voltage Controlled bandpass filter (a very narrow one from about 10Hz to 100kHz) is easilly feasible ???

more to come

here is the sweep generator schematic.

Any ideas to implement the stair-step generator from the available ramp signal is welcome !
Also are VCBPF (Voltage Controlled bandpass filter) schematics !
Speaking of it, are wah-wah circuits worth a try for inspiration or far away of requirements ?

Attachments

• sweep generator.jpg
    sweep generator.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 406
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.