mmmm, More Bull!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
motherone said:
I know most of you are thinking the same thing, but dangit, I have to say it: It breaks my freakin' brain to think that anyone out there is *stupid* enough to fall for this. I mean, seriously, the people that buy this BS are proof that most audiophiles have more money than brains.

"Some", not "most", I would think. It's a big world out there: adding the EU with North America and Japan gives you 800 million people. Assuming 1% are audiophiles, and only 1% of those believe this stuff, that still leaves an audience of 80,000 people to buy Magic Clocks. Get 1% penetration of the marks, and at $125 a pop you've grossed a cool hundred grand. Not bad. I wouldn't do it, but I can see how someone might.

DSP_Geek said:

"Some", not "most", I would think. It's a big world out there: adding the EU with North America and Japan gives you 800 million people. Assuming 1% are audiophiles, and only 1% of those believe this stuff, that still leaves an audience of 80,000 people to buy Magic Clocks. Get 1% penetration of the marks, and at $125 a pop you've grossed a cool hundred grand. Not bad. I wouldn't do it, but I can see how someone might.

If you go look at Audio Asylum, or visit a high-end store, I think you'd be surprised. Maybe they're not as representative of all folks out there. Either way, there's way too many stupid people parting with their money :D

ken kessler...i wrote an email about him that got published in Hi Fi News a couple months ago :)
You know, pushing snake oil, i suppose, has been a long running theme in human civilizations i suppose. On the other hand, it seems that only recently have big corps teamed up push each others products.
so what's worse...some guy on an out-of-the-way website pushing products that are obviously a joke, or KK and his like pushing the latest multi thousand dollar products?
I'd vote the latter i suppose...

phn said:
Thanks. THAT was fun. But, I must say, also sad and scary. The whole thing is a logical fallacy. As in making no logic, sense or reason. Last time I saw this kind of anti-science and anti-education was in the history books. It's called the Dark Age.

The "Dark Age" wasn't actually that dark (well maybe not in Sweden) -- the French just needed a name for it to justify "the Enlightenment".

In that "Dark Age" (that period after the decline and fall of Rome), agriculture in Europe began to flourish as the Romans methods, inappropriate for the heavier soils of Northern Europe, were supplanted. Someone finally figured how to put a good transmission on the horse (was it the Magyars?).

We have, in the States, an educational institution called "The Agricultural Extension" -- usually a branch of the State University in which you learn which crop of tomatoes is best for your soil etc. --- this system actually dates to the 6th Century (that's the dark ages, remember) in Europe where the Benedictines started the first "ag schools".

I've been reading through that thread and the only thing that I feel now is that those damn scammers and the stupid reviewers that advertise them (obviously in a paid basis) must be all jailed for the rest of their lifes.

BTW: Hold the shame if you lacked enough common sense to see the scam and you paid a fortune like in The Emperor's New Clothes tale :D:D:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.