ML TL gone missing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You're welcome!

Sweet! Is it AlNiCo or a field coil?

Makes a nice 35 Hz Fb MLTL and all the sim's HF 'hash' is very benign in reality, so only minor damping on one side, top and back plates will finish smoothing it out.

GM

Attachments

• Frank40 custom driver 35 Hz MLTL.gif
    Frank40 custom driver 35 Hz MLTL.gif
    14.8 KB · Views: 151
One step clouser:), I get 191 cm high and 23 cm wide, with a total volume of 89 L..... dose it look right to you?
Is it possible to find the actual length and diameter of the port, or shall I just use the scale drawing.

Attachments

• Capture_741.jpg
    Capture_741.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Hi GM,

As I learn more about the program I found that a vented box will provide the same result but with a lower volume.....So I need to figure out what I want and the start the negotiations with the wife.

Well field coil is not a quality mark in it self, actually I have seen some bad designs. Low power consumptions is usual one of the problem this means that the steel is not saturated, it needs a good amount of power to do that and it generates a good deal of heat.

Only if you are willing to pay 400-500% more to get the last wow factor you should look to field coils.

Sure I can keep you posted on what I decide and on the result.

Take care

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.