MJE 340 / MJE 350 (MJE340/MJE350) and BD159 - GBP (Transit frequency fT) unknown?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...-audio-power-output-stages-3.html#post2014823

Be careful witn MJE340/350 replacements, they may be substantially different from the old/slow Motorolas, actually better but troublesome.

These thoughts I had also by post #14. I will see the statement of Magnatec. From the good old "2N3055" e. g., still not out of production, there are various versions between 500 KHz and 4 MHz ft. I cannot rule out, whether it is also is by the MJE340/350 since Magnatec this one offer.

Last edited:
MJE340 and MJE350 now available from Magnatec, as I read about this offer from rs components:
Magnatec | Semiconductors | Discretes | Bipolar Transistors | NPN Power |MJE340
Magnatec | Semiconductors | Discretes | Bipolar Transistors | PNP Power |MJE350
But I don't find their own datasheets neither there nor on the own site of Magnatec , only this one from ST in short form version. I will ask Magnatec about the reason.

In general, Magnatec offer a wide range of fine solid state components for audio, both own producs and such from some jap. manufacturers like Sanyo, Sanken, JRC and Samsung - go to
http://www.semelab.com/pdf/acc.pdf
but there I don't find the MJE340/MJE350

This isn't true, as it turned out by an order there. The brand was SGS-Thomson (ST) instead Magnatec. Magnatec is both distributor and manufacturer. RS components is not able to distinguish it clearly by all products.
So I will clarify by phone in the future before ordering.

BTW the BD135 e. g. is labeled with the Magnatec logo:
Magnatec | Semiconductors | Discretes | Bipolar Transistors | NPN Power Up to 3.99A |BD135

Just to throw a spanner in the works

I'm just looking at Tits ;) Or for those of sensitive disposition - Towers International Transistor Selector...

Apparently Motorola MJE340 ft is 10Mhz & the compliment MJE350 is 4Mhz, these are minimum ft values though.

I thought On Semi was the new name for Motorola, i could be mistaken though..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.