mj11015/16

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
someone must have posted a link to that supplier a while back, maybe to do with self winding of secondaries. I had downloaded a few facts.

That 38-0 + 38-0 transformer looks as though it will suit perfectly and produce seriously strong power into a proper 4ohm(220W) or 8ohm (130W) load.

Have you allowed for about +-45mF smoothing for your 2ohm loading?

A secondary advantage of a self wound toroid is the possible addition of extra windings for regulated supplies, relay circuits & other ancilliaries, but these can be added to any unpotted toroid.

Hi Andrew T,

I plan to just paralell up some 10mF 63V. Turns out to be quite a bit cheaper because I already have quite a few of them.:rolleyes: They are also cheaper to buy. These big transformers are $106 a piece if I buy 5(might as well stock up:D ), so saving money anywere else is a good thing.:cannotbe: I plan to use a much smaller trafo for the front end and any "extras" I may come up with so extra windings won't be needed.

I looked into the kits, and they don't supply the magnet wire for the secondary windings:grumpy:. I suppose it wouldn't be that expensive to go this way, but more of a hassle. It will be another month before I can start this project so I still have plenty of time to decide.:sigh:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.